All New 2019 Ranger Closes The Year With 89,571 Total Sales; 14,473 Sales In December

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
December monthly sales of 14,473 units of the 2019 Ranger capped a phenomenal year for the all new Ranger. Q4 sales in 2019 were also at their highest with 33,059 units sold. Total annual sales of 89,571 also laid a strong foundation for future success of the Ranger in the 2020 model year.

Ranger Sales.png

Courtesy of @Anthony

Original Post

----------------------

Anyone know when the 2019 sales for the full year might be released? I was hoping they would be out by now. Haven't seen anything posted anywhere. I'm just curious how the incentives changed the numbers for the last two months - I saw that November was over 10k - wondering if December was even better.

On a related note, does anyone know what the official total number of 2019s built was? It has to have been over 100k of them.
Sponsored

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Anyone know when the 2019 sales for the full year might be released? I was hoping they would be out by now. Haven't seen anything posted anywhere. I'm just curious how the incentives changed the numbers for the last two months - I saw that November was over 10k - wondering if December was even better.

On a related note, does anyone know what the official total number of 2019s built was? It has to have been over 100k of them.
I read in Automotive News that Ford will release 4Q results on Monday Jan. 6th.

Desert_5G

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
I read in Automotive News that Ford will release 4Q results on Monday Jan. 6th.
its usually a week after the 1st of each month from previous release dates.

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
Ranger December 2019 Sales: 14,473
Ranger 3rd Q 2019 Sales: 33,059
Ranger 2019 Sales Total: 89,571

and......

foulmouf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Super Cab STX Fx4
So, does that mean it's the number 2 selling truck already?

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
now the question is whether next year's sales will be down because there isn't the pent up demand, or whether they'll be up because there will be a full year of production & sales.

OP
OP
RedlandRanger

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like that sets them in 3rd, which is still pretty good for a first non-full year. And it seems the GM twins are taking the brunt of the sales stealing. Or it could be because of the UAW shutdown. Hard to tell.

https://www.tfltruck.com/2020/01/to...2019-year-end-u-s-midsize-truck-sales-report/
I'm amazed at how many Frontiers were sold. Wonder if a lot of those are fleet vehicles?

Interesting numbers for sure.

I'm still wondering what the actual production numbers for 2019 were. Does anyone know where that info can be found?

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I'm amazed at how many Frontiers were sold. Wonder if a lot of those are fleet vehicles?

Interesting numbers for sure.

I'm still wondering what the actual production numbers for 2019 were. Does anyone know where that info can be found?
I find the Frontier's sales surprising too but there are diehard Nissan fans out there too just like all the other brands. My cousin just bought one and is very happy with it!

Deleted member 1634

I find the Frontier's sales surprising too but there are diehard Nissan fans out there too just like all the other brands. My cousin just bought one and is very happy with it!
It might also be all the die-hard old-time bare-bones truck owners going for it too maybe? It's really the only one out there that appeals to those missing the age when trucks were only used for work and didn't have all the "fancy" stuff. Just a thought.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
It might also be all the die-hard old-time bare-bones truck owners going for it too maybe? It's really the only one out there that appeals to those missing the age when trucks were only used for work and didn't have all the "fancy" stuff. Just a thought.

I think you hit the nail on the head. I see a lot of comments from different sites,videos and articles and the main thing most are complaining about is they want a "bare bones" truck. There are a lot of people out there that just don't care for all the technology stuff or want to spend $30,000+ for a truck. It's hard to appeal to all the masses but I think Nissan is doing that in their market.

John Lyman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport 4x2 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
It will be interesting to see how sales stack up for 2020 - The GM products are not changing, the Toyota has some minor changes. (so they are looking dated). If ford does some good marketing I think they could really see a huge jump in sales. (I have not seen any commercials for the Rangers). Prior to purchasing my Ranger I saw one ranger in the metro ATL area (and it did catch my eye). The only reason I ended up buying was I went to check out the F150 and then saw the Ranger.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Last edited:

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Ranger didn't hurt f150 sales, ram did. IMO, not many people go looking for a full size and suddenly decide they want a smaller truck: most people shopping mid size want a smaller truck and would have gotten a different mid size rather than an f150.

Deleted member 1634

Ranger didn't hurt f150 sales, ram did. IMO, not many people go looking for a full size and suddenly decide they want a smaller truck: most people shopping mid size want a smaller truck and would have gotten a different mid size rather than an f150.
I would largely agree. I'd imagine there is more size loyalty (mid-size vs. full-size) vs. brand loyalty (Ford vs. GM, etc.) when it comes to the majority of the population. Sure, there are always weirdos who only buy the same brand no matter what, but most of us will search for what fits our needs irregardless of the badge on the front. They're all pretty much the same anyways, just slightly different styling and options.

Heck, I've always been part of a Ford family. My grandpa retired from Ford (millwright at the Dearborn plant), my dad worked for Ford for a little while, we've always bought Fords. But my vehicle before this I bought a Subaru, because Ford didn't have anything that met my needs. Grandpa was a little disappointed, but he understood.
Sponsored