HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL STX FX4 Magnetic Super Cab

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Of course it did. :like: You've obviously been down this path before :clap: Thanks for the heads up.

I sanded off the edges of the frame at the top to gain clearance.

Plate Rear Trimmed.JPG
No problem! I noticed mine hit the dealer frame when I brought it home, in the quiet garage you could actually hear the gate rub against it while opening.
Sponsored

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Finished the CAD model of the bed and created a Lumber Rack design for our SuperCab. Kind of a mortise and tenon design so it's easy to assemble / disassemble.

The rear section. item 4 below, is removable and only really needed when hauling with the tailgate down.

Should be useful for Home Depot lumber runs, and hauling stuff that you don't want to slide around.

View attachment 21936
Looks good! I’d be interested to see some pictures when you get it built.

Peas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Finished the CAD model of the bed and created a Lumber Rack design for our SuperCab. Kind of a mortise and tenon design so it's easy to assemble / disassemble.

The rear section. item 4 below, is removable and only really needed when hauling with the tailgate down.

Should be useful for Home Depot lumber runs, and hauling stuff that you don't want to slide around.

View attachment 21936
Great job rendering this plan up. What is the height of your supports? I’m working on a homemade deck and drawer setup for my 5’ bed.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
With all the talk about Direct Injection Gas Engines and related intake valve carbon deposits I wanted to research what oil would work best, yet be cost effective, in our 2019 Ranger.

Ford recommends their Motorcraft SAE 5W-30 Premium Synthetic Blend Motor Oil XO-5W-30-Q1SP

Synthetic blend.... really? Is that really the best oil? Is their a better choice?

I spent considerable time trying to reach a conclusion based on factual data and not personal opinion and hype.

The conclusion: We'll be using Mobil 1 Annual Protection Ultimate Full Synthetic SAE 5W-30 Motor Oil

upload_2019-11-2_7-0-0.png

How did I arrive at that decision? See pdf below.
Thanks for the detailed info, with links and supporting documentation. I ended up buying the Mobile1 Silver label at Costco, which although not quite as good as the "annual protection", it still considerably better than the Motorcraft synthetic blend. I've been sold on full synthetic for quite a few years now, after seeing dramatic improvements in oil pressure with my '73 Capri after rebuilding it.

[Edit]: One thing I'm wondering however is how current some of the numbers are - the dates on some of the oil are from 2011, which was 8 years ago. I would assume that there have been significant changes in formulations in 8 years. The Mobile1 Advanced protection was just done last year, so wondering if it is truly a fair comparison.

Last edited:

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I tried my best to make it fair. As I outlined in the pdf, I called them and they would not provide the information, they all said it was proprietary. That, in itself, is telling, IMHO.
I wasn't trying to imply you were skewing things. I was really just trying to say It would be nice to have some objective scientific comparisons of current oils. Even the Motorcraft was done in 2011.

Edit: I take that back - the original one was done in 2011, but there is also one from 2019 and it got a little better at 13.2:

http://pqiadata.org/Motorcraft_5W30.html

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
2008-2011 Ford Ranger Sill Plates

Thanks to member PJVet for the idea. He installed a set of these on his SuperCrew. more details here ---> https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/opinions-on-these-door-sills.2033/

The Ranger sill plates arrived today. Here's a link to Tasca Ford's Internet Sales Site: https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-scuff-plate-f37z1013260a

These are a hard plastic material, not rubber. The plastic is real similar in finish / feel to the WeatherTech floor liners. They also match the OEM Ford plastic interior trim pretty well.

The length of these are perfect as is for a SuperCab... and the width appears perfect also. Some of the other folks that have installed these on 2019 Rangers have trimmed them down, length and width. My plan is to leave them as is for as much coverage as possible to prevent scratching up the painted sills.

The pictures below of the sill plates on our truck just a mock up. I need to remove the tabs from the back.... and buy some double sided tape. I'll post an update once I modify them and get them installed.

006.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

Test Fit 002.JPG

Test Fit 003.JPG
John when I click on the link my computer security goes crazy says its a phishing site. Did you have any problems? Nice job Bret

Lmood

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Ford Logo'd Otter Box Cooler

When we bought our Ranger in mid September 2019 they had a special going where you got a free cooler. It arrived today. It's an "Otter Box", Model Ventur 45.

Wow.. really nice quality and made in the USA. And the "Ford" branding is pretty cool too.

DSCF3066.JPG

DSCF3065.JPG
Man thats nice. Hate that Ford didn't do anything like this when I bought mine.

Johnpenn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2004 Corvette, 2005 Ranger Edge
Occupation
Retired Quality and EHS Manager
No worries! Thanks for your input. I'll change my data above.

And interestingly enough the Mobil 1 site shows that the Mobil 1 Annual Protection Ultimate Full Synthetic SAE 5W-30 Motor Oil is superior to all their other oils for our turbocharged Ranger motors.

https://mobiloil.com/en/product-comparison?p1={750237b0-a15c-4fd5-bdaa-24d61c3519e7}&p2={6f399141-eac1-4ba1-940a-f409f3e10238}&p3={91d544a1-74d6-4033-9266-5e863373453e}&p4={13d37eac-ed45-4e21-ba36-944912a51197}

Mobil 1 Comparisons.jpg
I was originally planning to switch to the Ford full syn. Did you fid the noack number for that in your research?

Craig

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
WeatherTech Floor Liner Installation

I installed a set of WeatherTech Floor liners today. What a great product.

Here's a comparison from member Northlight comparing the WeatherTech's and Ford's optional liners. The Ford liners are just a piss poor design. There isn't even any tray under the gas pedal, so all the "gunk" on your foot ends up going on the floor, not into the liner? And there "safety warnings" molded into the drivers side mat is lame too.

John

Floor Liners.JPG
Ford vs WeatherTech comparison by Northlight on Ranger5G.jpeg
Ford vs WeatherTech comparison by Northlight on Ranger5G Ford Warning.jpeg
love weather Tech ave tan seats like tan floor mats, they don't make them in that color for the Ranger

Lmood

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Did you try cleaning the trim with some isopropyl alcohol? It's possible you released some oils in the plastic when you were sanding. I've never not known that stuff to not stick to something.

Lmood

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I did use some Acetone after sanding the surfaces.
Hmmm. 3m makes an adhesion promoter, but you may have to go to an auto body supply shop to get it. They could probably also recommend a different 3m tape.