Feb 7th Debut

StrugglezWorth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley
Here’s a bit more info to come, I saw some other sites saying that the Ranger Raptor would start around 60k, I just find that hard to believe, I hope not.

Ford Ranger Raptor to debut in February in Bangkok
Ford-Ranger-Raptor-2.jpg

The Ford Ranger will soon return to America, but for now we have to sit and wait while the rest of the world runs around in Ford's smallest pickup truck (except for Autoblog, because we couldn't wait forever). The wait is made more difficult knowing something like the Ranger Raptor is coming. While we've seen teasers and spy photos, Motoring in Australia reports that Ford has confirmed the new performance truck will make its global debut on Feb. 7 in Bangkok, Thailand.

While some people may have been hoping that the Ranger Raptor will get some flavor of Ford's turbocharged EcoBoost engine, it seems the truck will be powered by a 2.0-liter turbocharged diesel. That's smaller than the Ranger's 3.2-liter inline-five diesel, but it should deliver more power. Still, when the truck finally comes to America, it's likely to have a gasoline powertrain. The Chevy Colorado ZR2 is offered with both gasoline and diesel engines. Ford may take the same route. Look for the 10-speed automatic, though we can cross our fingers that a manual will be on offer.

We don't know many other details on the truck. Look for beefed up suspension, wider fenders thanks to a wider track and more aggressive front and rear fascias. Really, this is going to be a smaller version of the F-150 Raptor, and that's totally OK by us.

https://www.autoblog.com/2017/12/21/ford-ranger-raptor-debut/
Sponsored

WI LION

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197 Mustang GT
Here’s a bit more info to come, I saw some other sites saying that the Ranger Raptor would start around 60k, I just find that hard to believe, I hope not.
That speculated price makes NO sense considering the F-150 Raptor starts just under $50k. How's the Ranger Raptor going to start at $10k more than the F-150?! So I think that $60k mark is way off.

I just hope that the Ranger Raptor comes to the US. So far the speculations are saying it's not. Hope they're off on that too.

Ugga Mugga

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Glad we'll be seeing it soon but why is it debuting in Thailand? What a weird choice for a reveal. I doubt they'll be selling many Ranger Raptors there??

Vesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: Taurus / Sold: F150 King Ranch
Glad we'll be seeing it soon but why is it debuting in Thailand? What a weird choice for a reveal. I doubt they'll be selling many Ranger Raptors there??
Sounds like confirmation it wont be sold in the US at least initially. What a shame. I thought the Ranger was going to be global? just not the Raptor Ranger in their home country? Sounds backwards to me.

GStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Sounds like confirmation it wont be sold in the US at least initially. What a shame. I thought the Ranger was going to be global? just not the Raptor Ranger in their home country? Sounds backwards to me.
Maybe we'll get a surprise on the 7th and they say it'll be sold in more markets than originally thought?

MattyIce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco II
That speculated price makes NO sense considering the F-150 Raptor starts just under $50k. How's the Ranger Raptor going to start at $10k more than the F-150?! So I think that $60k mark is way off.

I just hope that the Ranger Raptor comes to the US. So far the speculations are saying it's not. Hope they're off on that too.
Right? For $60k might as well go ahead and save money buying the F-150...

rduvall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Altima
Bangkok is where Ford makes all Asia Pacific market Rangers. This Ranger Raptor will also be made there alongside the Ranger.
i8kby6nlelejbzmqcnpp.jpg

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Lightning, 04 Mach 1, 13 F150 5.0L
Man!! Really liking this thing!
Sponsored