Soft Tonneau

Boz1017

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Hi All, looking for recommendations on a tonneau cover for my 5ft bed for an upcoming trip. Not looking to drop a fortune, but want something decent, soft or hard, roll-up or fold-up I don't have a preference. This cover will likely stay in place full time as I do about 30 minutes of highway back and forth to work. Any recommendations or links appreciated!
Sponsored

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
Hi All, looking for recommendations on a tonneau cover for my 5ft bed for an upcoming trip. Not looking to drop a fortune, but want something decent, soft or hard, roll-up or fold-up I don't have a preference. This cover will likely stay in place full time as I do about 30 minutes of highway back and forth to work. Any recommendations or links appreciated!
Extang trifecta 2.0 signature. Convertible canvas material rather that pleather.

Looks awesome, easy to install, and less expensive than a bunch. You can get aforum discount form supporting companies here as well. Just go to sponser area.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
Extang trifecta 2.0 signature. Convertible canvas material rather that pleather.

Looks awesome, easy to install, and less expensive than a bunch. You can get aforum discount form supporting companies here as well. Just go to sponser area.
Sorry i dont have a better pic.
20190728_164400.jpg

BcP28

First Name
Bennett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F150, 2015 Ford Edge Sport
Occupation
Engineer
I have the Gator SFX Tri-fold (link below) that I purchased with shipping for ~$285. Installation was fairly straight forward and took all of about 30 minutes, most of which are just making sure it is lined up right. The cover seems pretty well made for the price, both the vinyl top and the aluminum substructure exceed my expectations for quality. The cover also seals pretty well, the only water intrusion I've had has been due to the way Ford designed the bed and tailgate gaps; definitely not an issue associated to this cover specifically. If you're looking for a relatively inexpensive option, this is what I'd recommend.

https://tonneaucoversworld.com/p/gator-sfx-tri-fold-tonneau-cover/v/ford/ranger/2019/

IMG_20190629_1037027.jpg
IMG_20190629_1037255.jpg
IMG_20190629_1036557.jpg

beetlespin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Supercrew FX4

Great cover. I get zero water in the bed.

jeffe

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'98 Lincoln MK VIII, '19 Ranger XLT, Magnetic, 2WD CC, Sport pkg, towing pkg, rear locker.
Occupation
CPO, USN Retired, Retired AT&T Field Tech
I got a Gator ETX on Amazon (Prime) for $197.10 to my door (fast too!) Now it's listed at $219. It's a quality temporary fix until I get my cap. Made in the USA too!

OP
OP

Boz1017

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Thanks guys! After chatting with the folks at Gator, I went with the ETX available on Amazon for $219. Seems like a great cover so far. One question though, can I leave it on through a car wash or take it off first?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Thanks guys! After chatting with the folks at Gator, I went with the ETX available on Amazon for $219. Seems like a great cover so far. One question though, can I leave it on through a car wash or take it off first?
You can leave it on through the car wash.

Just a side note unless it's a touch-less wash I wouldn't be bringing my new Ranger (or any vehicle I cared about) through any of those "soft touch" washes. Everyone else's dirt is trapped in those hanging micro fiber cloths just waiting to be raked across your brand new truck. I've seen and heard of so many who have had their paint all scratched up from these type of washes.

Last edited:

Willis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
What is the difference in the etx and sfx gator tri fold?

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Truxedo LoPro. It's very nice but if I were to buy a cover again, I'd go with a hard fold cover.

jubreunig

First Name
Juergen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
What is the difference in the etx and sfx gator tri fold?
I think it is the handle to lock/unlock the cover, once is with a spring, the other with a snap and fold. Maybe Jeff and Bennett could post a picture of it. I struggle between ETX and SFX. My last Gator on my Tacoma was an ETX and I was very satisfied with.

jubreunig

First Name
Juergen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
FYI
On Ebay /Realtruck is currently $30 off for all GATOR products. I ordered today one ETX trifold for $189 + tax.

If, then now :)

Bobobots

First Name
Bobo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4, Oxford White
I have the Truxedo LoPro. It's very nice but if I were to buy a cover again, I'd go with a hard fold cover.
Hi Joe,

I am looking to get a cover for a 5' bed and am eyeing the Extang Trifecta 2.0 soft cover. I'm not worried about theft but just need a cover to keep things inside the bed from flying out.

Any reason why you would go with a hard cover now if you were to purchase again? What cons on the soft-cover?
Or anything you need now in a hard cover that you are missing?

Thanks,
Bobo

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Joe,

I am looking to get a cover for a 5' bed and am eyeing the Extang Trifecta 2.0 soft cover. I'm not worried about theft but just need a cover to keep things inside the bed from flying out.

Any reason why you would go with a hard cover now if you were to purchase again? What cons on the soft-cover?
Or anything you need now in a hard cover that you are missing?

Thanks,
Bobo
I like the LoPro but a hardcover would be my choice next time. Just better quality to me as it should be at around twice the cost. Quicker open and close. No cover fluttering and yes, better security.

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
I decided on the LoPro. Ordered it on Amazon. Got off work early in full installation mode. Well, that didn't happen. Missing 6 clamps, bulkhead rail, instructions, fasteners.....FML

The Am-zon says they'll send another one.....we'll see how that goes.
Sponsored