Which Running Boards/Side Steps did you purchase?

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Cactus, 2018 R8+ Suzuka Grey Metallic
Occupation
Software
Ordered these, curious to see how tight they run to the body and hopefully not stick out as much, seems more like a slider/ running board design. Haven't seen them on a Ranger but on an F-150 they seem to tuck in quite a bit, hoping for the same.

armordillo-rs-steps.jpg

ARMORDILLO 2019-2021 FORD RANGER SUPER CREW RS SERIES RUNNING BOARD - TEXTURE BLACK
SKU: 8702642

Got them off Amazon so I can return them if they look silly or seem flimsy.
Sponsored

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
The wife said she wanted a step (she is 4’10”) so I immediately ordered a set from REALTRUCK. They arrived with some shipping damage. I contacted REALTRUCK to discuss my options. After sending them some pictures, REALTRUCK filed a claim with the shipping company and is sending me another set of steps. I am impressed with REALTRUCK’s customer service, which was very quick during the busy holiday season. I’ll post pictures as soon as the steps are installed.

NFB-319418112 - N-Fab Nerf Step RS

41x256%2Fc%2F70%2F0c2b50a18dd454496721e473478b4120.jpg

TVRangerSTX

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
Ordered these, curious to see how tight they run to the body and hopefully not stick out as much, seems more like a slider/ running board design. Haven't seen them on a Ranger but on an F-150 they seem to tuck in quite a bit, hoping for the same.

armordillo-rs-steps.jpg

ARMORDILLO 2019-2021 FORD RANGER SUPER CREW RS SERIES RUNNING BOARD - TEXTURE BLACK

Give them credit for the cool name! A picture after install would be nice...

Reactions: Doc
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software
Give them credit for the cool name! A picture after install would be nice...
Yeah I know right, they at least have some pics of them on an F-150. So long as they are close to that amount of tucked in they should be good. Quality and durability will be the test...

rsrb.jpg

I'll have to send them some post install pics for their website so us Ranger kids will know.

TVRangerSTX

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yeah I know right, they at least have some pics of them on an F-150. So long as they are close to that amount of tucked in they should be good. Quality and durability will be the test...

rsrb.jpg

I'll have to send them some post install pics for their website so us Ranger kids will know.
Hmmm, kind of funky looking, I like it, but we'll see on a Ranger.... not much step surface there, but I don't use my Go Rhino RB10's that much, I usually step over them. There's just enough for my wife to use, though (she hasn't complained yet anyway). Mine set pretty high, against the truck, and do stick out more, which I like. I already heard some "clunks" when parking lot idiots opened their doors, I panicked, until I realized they are hitting the running boards. Good protection. I got them because at first I thought they looked like Raptor boards.

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software
Hmmm, kind of funky looking, I like it, but we'll see on a Ranger.... not much step surface there, but I don't use my Go Rhino RB10's that much, I usually step over them. There's just enough for my wife to use, though (she hasn't complained yet anyway). Mine set pretty high, against the truck, and do stick out more, which I like. I already heard some "clunks" when parking lot idiots opened their doors, I panicked, until I realized they are hitting the running boards. Good protection. I got them because at first I thought they looked like Raptor boards.
Yeah, I think the idea for the rear of the board is extra step room for need access and also being a slider type it kicks out in front of the rear tire in case its actually being used as a slider and away from the wheel. I really don't need or will use them as a true step, just think the truck looks funny with nothing there and I will hit some local passes here in CO so a little protection. slide ability should be nice. That's an added benefit, they should market them as door ding protection!

TVRangerSTX

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yeah, I think the idea for the rear of the board is extra step room for need access and also being a slider type it kicks out in front of the rear tire in case its actually being used as a slider and away from the wheel. I really don't need or will use them as a true step, just think the truck looks funny with nothing there and I will hit some local passes here in CO so a little protection. slide ability should be nice. That's an added benefit, they should market them as door ding protection!
Haha, I was looking backwards, make sure you put them on the right way (I thought the wide part was in front ? duh)

Foodieguy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat (El Trucke)
Occupation
IT Guy and Former International Athlete
The wife said she wanted a step (she is 4’10”) so I immediately ordered a set from REALTRUCK. They arrived with some shipping damage. I contacted REALTRUCK to discuss my options. After sending them some pictures, REALTRUCK filed a claim with the shipping company and is sending me another set of steps. I am impressed with REALTRUCK’s customer service, which was very quick during the busy holiday season. I’ll post pictures as soon as the steps are installed.

41x256%2Fc%2F70%2F0c2b50a18dd454496721e473478b4120.jpg
Hey Ric. I looked up that part number on real truck and it said it wouldn’t fit a ranger? I’ve been looking at other n-fab ones, those look good too. Would be interested to see how they fit.

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Hey Ric. I looked up that part number on real truck and it said it wouldn’t fit a ranger? I’ve been looking at other n-fab ones, those look good too. Would be interested to see how they fit.
The steps I ordered were:

The holes lined up perfectly with my 2019 SuperCrew but I’m waiting for a set that ain’t banged up.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO

whoisdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor, 04 IS300
Occupation
Photographer

armordillo-rs-steps.jpg

Could you post some pictures once you get them on? I've been considering them but haven't seen a picture on a Ranger.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase

armordillo-rs-steps.jpg

They look great...How do they mount?

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software
Got them on today, maybe took an hour by myself in the garage. Hardware seems pretty robust and the finish on them is tuff. They look great, almost oem, not big or clunky like the zombies are coming..

20220130_125637.jpg

20220130_125634.jpg

20220130_125628.jpg

20220130_125624.jpg

20220130_125612.jpg

20220130_125604.jpg

20220130_125600.jpg

drvred

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger FX2
Occupation
Trucker

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
I just put a set on my Screw, seem pretty solid, and look good.
We'll see.
I think you'll like 'em Rick.
Sponsored