First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Raptor
Hi,

this is Tom from Germany.
I recently have ordered a 2022 Ranger Raptor, which will be delivered early 2022 (depending on chip crisis).

The truck comes with standard 33 inch tires on 17 inch wheels (285/70 R17).

I now wondered, if the truck would look better with 21mm wheel spacers (approx. 1'') per wheel).
And / or if it would look even better with a 40mm lift kit (which is approx. 1.5''). Here in Germany, the lift options are limited because of the TĂśV.

Unfortunately, I did not find any before/after pictures of such a setup. :crying:
Also the before/after thread in this forum is filled with a lot Rangers, but not Raptors... :frown:

Can you help me out and advise?
Appreciate your help!

Cheers. Tom
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Hi,

this is Tom from Germany.
I recently have ordered a 2022 Ranger Raptor, which will be delivered early 2022 (depending on chip crisis).

The truck comes with standard 33 inch tires on 17 inch wheels (285/70 R17).

I now wondered, if the truck would look better with 21mm wheel spacers (approx. 1'') per wheel).
And / or if it would look even better with a 40mm lift kit (which is approx. 1.5''). Here in Germany, the lift options are limited because of the TĂśV.

Unfortunately, I did not find any before/after pictures of such a setup. :crying:
Also the before/after thread in this forum is filled with a lot Rangers, but not Raptors... :frown:

Can you help me out and advise?
Appreciate your help!

Cheers. Tom
So without knowing much of the rules out in Germany it is hard to say what you can and cant do. Finding out what Germany's "DOT" regulations(or whatever it's called) will be your best thing. What I do know for Australia is for street driven vehicles you can legally lift a vehicle so much before it is considered OffRoad use only. From your comment I suspect that is the same out there.

As for wheel spacers again it all comes down to what the rules are out there. In Australia they are considered illegal and if you go to file an insurance claim due to wheel spacer failure your claim will be denied and you will shit out of luck. Here in the U.S. its hard to say but even then I do not recommend them. Why? Accelerated wear on bearings, possible rubbing of tire to body components and the fact that id not all fasteners are tightened correctly you could easily have a wheel fall off and that doesnt sound fun at all.

No one thing I can say for sure is once you get the truck take it for a nice drive including in the OffRoad(if it exists out there). After that you can decide if you need to do a lift or anything else.

I know it isnt much but hopefully that helps.