B & I Dash Kits, anyone else had this happen?

paval3

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Crewcab & 2003 Mountaineer Premier
Purchased May 2021. Installed in June or July (during warm weather).
B&I Dash Kit #WD1267D-LS2 (8pcs). Fits 2021 FORD RANGER 4DR. Finished in Real Birdseye Maple. (Ref: FWD-BC)

One of the thin sections of the one piece that is on the console lifted and is buckled. Just happened a few days ago, noticed it one morning ... we've been having quite a few nights with temps below 32 degrees F.

I just emailed the mfg and hope to hear back on what I can do. I'm afraid to lift the surrounding area to try to apply some kind of adhesive because it looks like this pencil thin section could easily rip.

Hopefully the mfg. has a suggestion as to what I can do to fix and get it adhered and flat again.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
paval3

paval3

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update. Since I didn't hear back from the distributor that I bought the kit from, I then emailed B & I, didn't hear back so I just called.
Not much help really. Just told me to heat it up with a hair dryer if I don't want to wait for warm weather to work with it. Said to buy 3M Promoter and apply to the loose strip.
I asked had anyone ever had a problem with those skinny sections breaking when working with them he said of course they can break... I asked about warranty, he said that wouldn't be covered under warranty normally but it's up to the distributor where I bought it. I asked, "Even though the problem was it didn't adhere properly??" He said maybe it wasn't properly cleaned when I applied the piece. Since I didn't hear back from the distributor (Wooddash.com) in the first place, I don't expect they would be of much help should the piece break.
For the price I paid for this kit ($164 + tax, purchased in May 2021), I'm not too happy.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
That sucks.

For what it's worth, this is why I avoid any thing that "sticks" onto a vehicle.

OP
OP
paval3

paval3

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update.... heard back from Mel at Wooddash.com (where I had purchased the kit).... he ordered a replacement piece to be sent to me from the manufacturer... no charge! Great customer service from him, above and beyond what the actual manufacturer would do about it without his intervention.

OP
OP
paval3

paval3

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for updating this as you go. Good to hear the pros and cons. Amazing how the product support can differ based on where you purchased the item.
I had heard good things about Mel in another B&I Dash Kit thread here on the forum.

Here's a pic of the problem section (the skinny section circled in pink). I can push it flat when it gets warm enough out (becomes more pliable., but still doesn't adhere). When it's cold, it's raised like this and stiff:
dashkit_trim.jpg

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
I have one kit of there's, the carbon fiber one and have not installed it yet. I have had it for 7 months LOL. I will wait until warm weather to apply it to my truck. Any tricks to installing it??

Thanks,

OP
OP
paval3

paval3

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have one kit of there's, the carbon fiber one and have not installed it yet. I have had it for 7 months LOL. I will wait until warm weather to apply it to my truck. Any tricks to installing it??

Thanks,
When you do the center console, do the small piece that is closest to the console arm rest first.
I think the hardest piece to get lined up right was one of the bigger pieces, the one on the dash.

Other than making sure surface is really clean per the B&I instructions..... do the application when you have patience and lots of time, especially if you're OCD about getting things lined up nicely.

Crix

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT 4x4
Occupation
Optometrist
ive had a dash kit on pretty much all of my vehicles thru the years all from wooddash , my noob tip s would be, make sure to clean all areas with isopropyl alcohol at least 3 times for max adhesion especially if u applied any dressings like armor all ,i only use the promoter on curved areas and for best results wait till its a nice warm day to apply the pieces and you will be golden.
Sponsored