First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I've never kept a vehicle that long,I'm at just over 17K after 25 months. I usually trade them in every 3 years for a business write off so I'll never see 100K.
Sponsored

cubmedic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Occupation
Paramedic
Interesting tread. I have been looking around at trucks for last 6 months. So this his peaked my interest. I have narrowed my choice to a Ranger XLT or Lariat. I put about 35,000 miles on a vehicle in a year so if I do get one it will not take me too long to hit 100K.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Out of curiosity, would you get another Ranger?
More than likely yes, I love my Ranger! :inlove: But I'll admit Ford has had their problems lately (both mechanically and cosmetically) so I'm being cautious and will follow the Bronco, Maverick and Lightning launches closely. I wouldn't buy a first year run, been burned a few times doing that before. I'm really hoping for the PHEV Ranger and seeing what comes of the Ranger Raptor.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Looks like I’ve got you both beat. Picked mine up July 2019. Between co vehicle, Covid, working from home and a back injury since almost new she‘s currently sitting in my garage like new with 2,312 miles.
You're on top of the chart! :)

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
More than likely yes, I love my Ranger! :inlove: But I'll admit Ford has had their problems lately (both mechanically and cosmetically) so I'm being cautious and will follow the Bronco, Maverick and Lightning launches closely. I wouldn't buy a first year run, been burned a few times doing that before. I'm really hoping for the PHEV Ranger and seeing what comes of the Ranger Raptor.
Good point. I waited a year and got a 2020. No problems and only one recall so far and that was an insert for the owner's manual.

Rowdy Ranger

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lighting Blue Ranger
Occupation
Certified Welder
Just want to know if it's going to blow up or I can start bragging about its longevity like Taco drivers.
FORD Ranger owners right off the bat have bragging rights just because it's not a freaking toyota!

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
Dave (@AzScorpion), I’m really glad to hear that. I want a PHEV also but more importantly, this means you won’t be abandoning this forum for a boring Bronco forum. No other forum has people like Duke (@DukeCanBuildit) that track you down for a welfare check when we noticed you went silent.

I will also be needing your technical expertise to help me remove the factory damper on my new PHEV Ranger. You know what this means, right? Endless damper feuding! :clap:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Dave (@AzScorpion), I’m really glad to hear that. I want a PHEV also but more importantly, this means you won’t be abandoning this forum for a boring Bronco forum. No other forum has people like Duke (@DukeCanBuildit) that track you down for a welfare check when we noticed you went silent.

I will also be needing your technical expertise to help me remove the factory damper on my new PHEV Ranger. You know what this means, right? Endless damper feuding! :clap:
No worries Al, the Bronco forum can't hold a candle to this one! Duke @DukeCanBuildit is our very own CSI detective here. lol It was heartwarming to know he went through all that to find me, and a little scary that he did. :surprised: ?

As far as the damper on the new PHEV Ranger goes, I'll have to have a talk with greg @gfitzge2 about that. I'm sure he still has some friends inside MAP who can weld yours so it can't be taken out. :giggle: One way or another you're going to be part of the club before I die.:fistbump:

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
No worries Al, the Bronco forum can't hold a candle to this one! Duke @DukeCanBuildit is our very own CSI detective here. lol It was heartwarming to know he went through all that to find me, and a little scary that he did. :surprised: ?

As far as the damper on the new PHEV Ranger goes, I'll have to have a talk with greg @gfitzge2 about that. I'm sure he still has some friends inside MAP who can weld yours so it can't be taken out. :giggle: One way or another you're going to be part of the club before I die.:fistbump:
It wasn’t that much trouble - when someone posts as many times as you do, there’s bound to be a pretty good trail of bread crumbs. ?

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase

CAUTION. REMOVAL OF THIS DAMPER WILL CAUSE THE TAILGATE TO SELF DISTRUCT IN 5....4....3....2....1. :angry: :crackup::crackup::crackup:

Your mission Dave, should you choose to accept it, is to damper the Ranger world. As always, should you get captured, the secretary will disavow any knowledge of your actions.

Que the Mission impossible theme.

Last edited: