Does anyone care what Scotty Kilmer thinks?

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
I really dont care what he says, I know enough about engines to know he is full of it most of the time. Well maybe I should say biased towards certain manufactures, which is annoying in itself.
Sponsored

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
He somewhat disappointed me when he choose Fiat's 4 cylinder engine over Hyundai's Theta II as the worst engine available, Theta II is in my wife's Hyundai and it's a lame engine, but IIRC it was a very close call.
Most makers have improved GDI from the early days of intake valve deposits (bmw) and high soot generation, I've driven turbos since the early 80s and never had a turbo fail - however Saab's implementation was pretty solid compared to some makes - Ford's attempt to turbo charge a carbureted engine like in the Mustang II was what some have labeled as little more than an ill advised experiment.
Some people cling to outdated thought patterns and I think Scotty is quilty of that in many cases.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
My reply was going to be "Who?" until I saw the thumbnail.

He's a YouTube clown, not someone I'd ask for advice.
I'd choose to watch him over those clowns at TFL, but that's just a personal preference.

the5Gmartian

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
U.S. Navy
Scotty is an ok mechanic if you need advice or work done on a car from the 70s. He’s stuck in that era and hasn’t adapted, I can’t stand him. He knows absolutely nothing about modern cars and hates any form of new technology. He always contradicts himself while trashing a chevy or a ford, but will turn around and say toyota is super reliable and great for doing the exact same thing or defend them for cutting corners by being “simple and reliable.” Plus, his titles are all click bait now.

WhyNot21

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4 Screw 501A ...
Occupation
EE
Nope

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Good thing I have a one off custom blue printed 2.3 turbo...Scotty must've reviewed one built on Friday...

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I had a '79 Mustang turbo. It was the stone age compared to the ranger.

That parity video is great. I've tried to get through 2 or 3 of his videos an it was hard.

TremorOwner

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
I know a few people who've had major issues with their 2.3L in Mustangs... it's not as rare as I'd like.

Scottie is old. New technology is too hard for him to understand. His simple, naturally aspirated Japanese cars are a thing of the past. He's the kind of mechanic that turned bolts, not computers.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
Why is a 4cyl Turbo Diesel ok, but a 4 cylinder Turbo DI gas a bad design? Scotty was trashing the 2.3 saying that a lot of people have problems in the Mustang? I get suckered in to a video of his but end up getting annoyed before its done. Its not always against a Ford, sometimes its click bate. Curious as to everyones opinion about either Scotty or DI Turbo, or just Turbo engines overall. Why are diesels considered better with a turbo! Other than compression ignition, principals are basically the same.
Never heard of this guy, so no.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
"Does anyone care what Scotty Kilmer thinks".....Simple answer no. ?

I watched one of his videos a while back and found him to be one the most annoying YouTubers out there.
He has a few interesting videos but they (I think he does like 2 or 3 a day!) are all click bait headlines and he has a real fondness for everything Toyota (and sometimes Honda). He doesn't have much good to say about anything else.

I rarely watch his videos anymore.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

Flapping his arms like a chicken about to be on the chopping block? Persuasive...Not in the least. Credible...maybe on somethings, but his delivery leaves me cold. Jerk of the first order...

TremorOwner

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
I'd choose to watch him over those clowns at TFL, but that's just a personal preference.
It annoys me how much the main guy's son speaks EXACTLY like him. Drives me friggin' bonkers!
Sponsored