Forum Flaming

daniel3507

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Maybe it's just me, but it seems like here recently there is a lot of flaming and BS going on in a lot of threads. I'm not talking about threads going off topic but more actual flaming, name calling, insults, etc. Stuff that would get your teeth knocked out at a bar. I'm finding myself on here less just because it's frustrating and irritating to have to sift through pages of stupid arguments to find actual useful information. A lot of it seems to come from the same members too. Even after reporting posts nothing seems to change. I'm on multiple forums and this one seems to be the most hostile with is rather unfortunate. I guess this is more venting/ranting than anything.
Sponsored

lawrench

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew FX4 Lightning Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe it's just me, but it seems like here recently there is a lot of flaming and BS going on in a lot of threads. I'm not talking about threads going off topic but more actual flaming, name calling, insults, etc. Stuff that would get your teeth knocked out at a bar. I'm finding myself on here less just because it's frustrating and irritating to have to sift through pages of stupid arguments to find actual useful information. A lot of it seems to come from the same members too. Even after reporting posts nothing seems to change. I'm on multiple forums and this one seems to be the most hostile with is rather unfortunate. I guess this is more venting/ranting than anything.
I am starting to get tired of the damper cuts... It was funny at first but it cannot be the only joke...

Cowboys22

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Business Analyst
I am starting to get tired of the damper cuts... It was funny at first but it cannot be the only joke...
I am relatively new here and it only took about 2 days before I tired of the damper comments.

Cowboys22

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Business Analyst
I am part of a Dallas Cowboys forum and it is almost as toxic as FB and Twitter. This board is much more civil than that.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
You think this place is bad? Try flying Southwest Airlines these days. ? ??

I think this past year has shortened everyone’s fuses.

Hopefully, it all ends soon.

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
I've got a total of 3 people in my ignore filter. It helps, but I can still see all the angry responses to those same guys all the time. So yeah, hanging around a bit less myself. There's great people here but the signal to noise ratio isn't so good anymore. Ah well, same story everywhere. There's always someone to suck the fun out of a discussion.

But, I'm in Wisconsin, summer is here and it's time to get outside and do stuff anyway rather than sit and read forum debates.

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
Guilty. On the damper portion anyway, hopefully not flaming. I try to help where I can and offer something of value if I happen to have an answer. Or get in another damper joke if it entertains me. People liking or responding to my damper posts just encourages me. :p
From my perspective, there isn't much new here. 99% of the topics have been covered and a search will turn up answers. Gen5 Rangers have been out for a while so most of the topics have been covered but I still check in for entertainment value or the occasional new item.
Now with the new found freedom I find since the year of covid is over, I'm spending less time here especially since the weather is getting better.
Time to go out and enjoy life and not worry about what problems people are finding with their Rangers to complain about. After all if you are looking for something to complain about, my opinion isn't likely to change yours. :bandit:

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
good points of view. this is the only kind of social media i bother with besides linkedin which is work related.
i dont tweet, insta or FB. most people annoy me so i avoid the drama threads. if i can contribute something positive i like to chime in. i have blocked a number of folks that seem toxic, they can spin in that world without me.
i feel this is generally a good group, the dampener thing is a bit of a dead horse at this point but its usually in good fun..
jmo

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
I've got a total of 3 people in my ignore filter. It helps, but I can still see all the angry responses to those same guys all the time. So yeah, hanging around a bit less myself. There's great people here but the signal to noise ratio isn't so good anymore. Ah well, same story everywhere. There's always someone to suck the fun out of a discussion.

But, I'm in Wisconsin, summer is here and it's time to get outside and do stuff anyway rather than sit and read forum debates.
I have all of you ignored, I just make random comments..............................................about dampers ?

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
I spend most of my social media time on Twitter so this place is an oasis of civility from my POV . But yeah, I think we could all do without the pissing matches here. ?
This forum about sums up my Social media other than Youtube.
I dont have:

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Tik COK
Linkedin
Snapchat
WhatsApp
WeChat
QQ
Reddit
Pinterest