How ridiculous is it that you STILL can't build and price a 2021 Ranger on Ford's website in January 2021???

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
Serious?....I didn't know you worked there? Well the PC crowd is everywhere now! :mad:
You can say "thank you" now and days and it will offend someone, if they sneeze and you say bless you. Well you er a Racist Nazi. :explode:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
You can say "thank you" now and days and it will offend someone, if they sneeze and you say bless you. Well you er a Racist Nazi. :explode:
It's sad but true! But I'm not going to compromise my manners because it offends someone. These are participation trophy kids who need thicker skin. :sunglasses:

slickville dave

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f 150/2020 Polaris sportsman
Occupation
retired tin knocker local 12 Pittsburgh
i said this i November i just did built a ford 2021 ranger had to use web page from Canada to get new colors (cactus) that looks way greener on that web page . but i sent email to corp. ford a told them that you couldn't get a 21 build . now i ordered my truck 12/18/20 haven heard a peep about it no vin # no lead times nothing starting to worry did it get ordered ? do i have to wait till late may to get it ? no one will answer me

jblc

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX2 supercab
12/18/20 haven heard a peep about it no vin # no lead times nothing starting to worry did it get ordered ? do i have to wait till late may to get it ?
I ordered 12/1 and a few days ago received the VIN (with a late Jan predicted build date according to the dealer...who knows whether that's accurate though). So, perhaps you'd need a bit more time to get the VIN.

FordSpeed

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger FX4 Supercrew
i said this i November i just did built a ford 2021 ranger had to use web page from Canada to get new colors (cactus) that looks way greener on that web page . but i sent email to corp. ford a told them that you couldn't get a 21 build . now i ordered my truck 12/18/20 haven heard a peep about it no vin # no lead times nothing starting to worry did it get ordered ? do i have to wait till late may to get it ? no one will answer me
I ordered 12/1 and a few days ago received the VIN (with a late Jan predicted build date according to the dealer...who knows whether that's accurate though). So, perhaps you'd need a bit more time to get the VIN.
I ordered mine November 7th, with a Feb 8th build date. I would guess delivery would be beginning of March by the time it makes it way out to WA pending any Covid delays. It took a few weeks after ordering to get a build date and didn't have a vin yet (but I last checked with them beginning of December). Might reach out today.

XLT, Crew, FX4, 302A, Tech, Tow, Velocity Blue

Edit: Talked to my saleman. My truck is getting built this week! Moved up almost a whole month!

Last edited:
OP
OP
TimmyB

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 2020 Fleetwood Bounder 35P
Occupation
Retired
What build did you order? I wonder if that is why one is taking longer. (?)

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
I ordered my '21 back in September and the truck was built December 21st. It's in route to the port to be shipped over to Germany. It will be probably be here before the website is updated lol.
What plant was it built in? Just curious :)

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Michigan Assembly Plant. My home state! :flag:
YOu shipping it to Germany from the States or have you worked something out with the Airforce?

Heartkill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT SuperCab 4x4
Occupation
USAF
YOu shipping it to Germany from the States or have you worked something out with the Airforce?
I never shipped a vehicle when I got orders here a few years ago, so I was still eligible to ship via the government. That was the deciding factor in purchasing now versus waiting to get back to the US in a few years.

Getting the fleet home will be a different story as I'll be paying out of pocket to ship 2 other vehicles stateside.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
I see the build tool as a marketing tool, since the dealers/Ford want to sell what is in inventory. You wouldn't get much negotiation room on price and even if you are willing to pay full boat the Ranger hasn't quite reached the level beyond some boutique branding for Ford to accommodate buyers.