Engine cover

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
I put upgraded halogen bulbs in mine (my write up is somewhere on here). Then aimed them properly because the factory gets off by aiming them perpendicular to the road.
They are the BEST headlights I have ever drivin with. By far. Light throw dist, beam coverage, beam pattern, color temp, ditch coverage etc. Its all perfection.
I roll with fogs on 24/7 too though. Yea Im one of those people.

I can't imagine the lariat ones being any better but I havent tried em, so I cant say.
Interesting. Do you have a link where you purchased the upgraded bulbs? Thanks!
Sponsored

bka0721

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ranger Edge 2X4 Reg Cab - 2004 Ranger XLT 4X4 4dr - 2008 F550 4X4 Crew Cab Dually
4 pages on a Ranger forum about Ranger engine covers and not a single picture of what one looks like. Of course, lots of other auxiliary content, other than Engine covers. I still don't know what one looks like on a Ranger engine.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
Check it out!! I found a sneek peek under the hood of the all new, revolutionary "XXXX"
Awd, Twin Turbo v8, direct injection, twin variable overhead cam, 700 hp, and designed for 87.
with 100 octane program to capable of 900 wheel HP

1607089738497.png

? An Engine Bay nowadays ?
TFW - You open your hood to find yet another smaller hood. And under that hood? Another baby hood.

Am I the only one that thinks Engine Covers make your engine look more like a Kenmore Appliance than an an actual horsepower belting, stump pulling, mean growling, power monster of an engine?

People at a Chevy focus group: Hi yes, I'd like a truck but can you make the engine look like a dishwasher? It's the only thing I feel comfortable running and all of that enginey stuff scares me. If I see an engine every time I open the hood, you'll have to put a coloring book dispenser and puppies in the glove box so I can make the back seat a safe space.

People at a Ford focus group: Stick a turbo on it. Add some pipes and wires. I need more fire in the belly of this beast! See if you can make it smell like pine tar and deer leather too. Good job. Now I need to go drive up the side of a mountain with a Tear-Drop Trailer, a bed full of whiskey, and spend 3 weeks in the wilderness eating beef jerky and cultivating a fine combat beard.

OP
OP
Buddybiro

Buddybiro

First Name
Buddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired
TFW - You open your hood to find yet another smaller hood. And under that hood? Another baby hood.

Am I the only one that thinks Engine Covers make your engine look more like a Kenmore Appliance than an an actual horsepower belting, stump pulling, mean growling, power monster of an engine?

People at a Chevy focus group: Hi yes, I'd like a truck but can you make the engine look like a dishwasher? It's the only thing I feel comfortable running and all of that enginey stuff scares me. If I see an engine every time I open the hood, you'll have to put a coloring book dispenser and puppies in the glove box so I can make the back seat a safe space.

People at a Ford focus group: Stick a turbo on it. Add some pipes and wires. I need more fire in the belly of this beast! See if you can make it smell like pine tar and deer leather too. Good job. Now I need to go drive up the side of a mountain with a Tear-Drop Trailer, a bed full of whiskey, and spend 3 weeks in the wilderness eating beef jerky and cultivating a fine combat beard.
Yep, you are the only one, a small cover dress is it up somewhat. Why do you think it is on all the higher priced models? Would you wear a suit without a shirt?

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Would you wear a suit to a stump pulling contest? The cover on the engine is a cheap plastic thing on your eng that makes you think that you got something special for your much larger expenditure. It is all marketing.

Scott D

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL/STX
Would you wear a suit to a stump pulling contest? The cover on the engine is a cheap plastic thing on your eng that makes you think that you got something special for your much larger expenditure. It is all marketing.
It's a high density foam. Not plastic.

And it isn't cheap. :D

OP
OP
Buddybiro

Buddybiro

First Name
Buddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired
the word gullible comes to mind.

refinement is meant for Bentleys and Rolls Royces....everyone else would be a poser if they think a pickup truck needs the engine dress up.
we dont roll up to car shows looking for the first place attendance trophy. we thrash through the forest and haul wood to build shelters for our kin.

Since there are many gullible people (hint: look at the TG damper threads) I will be designing a rear differential dress-up fairing which will not only add aerodynamic properties and gain you an extra 10mph top end, the sound deadening and cooling effect on the rear diff will also add at minimum 20ftlbs of torque.
Available in color matched paint for those really set on matching the suit with the shirt so to speak.
They already sell chrome Differential covers for those of you that dont get out much. Again would you wear a suit without a shirt?

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
It's a high density foam. Not plastic.

And it isn't cheap. :D
It does serve a purpose.
That material helps deaden the noise of the fuel injectors that have to be cranked up to high PSI in these DI engines. So yeah it is a functional piece. I just question how much function one needs. I kinda like that little growl.

OP
OP
Buddybiro

Buddybiro

First Name
Buddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired
It does serve a purpose.
That material helps deaden the noise of the fuel injectors that have to be cranked up to high PSI in these DI engines. So yeah it is a functional piece. I just question how much function one needs. I kinda like that little growl.
Don’t get me wrong, I like the growl. It’s the sewing machine noise I don’t like
Sponsored