Bed Alignment Issues from Factory

FX4Offroad

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
Seems like their quality control need some work.

So far, I've heard about:

Rear seat won't latch back
Rear door not closing flush
Bed not aligned

Did I miss anything?

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
I work at ford and one of my PDI guys said that the bed is not aligned with the cab on a few when u look from the back of the vehicle anyone else notice this issue?
On the old ranger you took the box off to change the fuel pump.The bolts ran through the box floor from above.
This is a typical design. If the new one is like that, then a 50MM torx and 10 minutes will facilitate any perceived minor adjustment needed.
If not that design then the bolts are underneath... 5 more minutes to put it on a lift!:like:

bandit67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2007 Saleen/Parnelli Jones 302
Seems like their quality control need some work.

So far, I've heard about:

Rear seat won't latch back
Rear door not closing flush
Bed not aligned

Did I miss anything?
Our first Ranger, an XLT Crew that we sold last week, came back in this morning with the rear seatback that wouldn't latch.
Slightly misaligned beds are more common than you'd think on F150's and Super Duty's also. Bolts are underneath on the new Ranger.

Pinecrestjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2018 F-150, 2016 Escape
A misaligned bed might also be the result of a non-Ford spray in liner. I was told by their manager (and it is shown in their online videos) that Line-X removes all the bed bolts before spraying. This might allow for a misalignment when reinstalling.

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
A misaligned bed might also be the result of a non-Ford spray in liner. I was told by their manager (and it is shown in their online videos) that Line-X removes all the bed bolts before spraying. This might allow for a misalignment when reinstalling.
Good thing I got the Bed liner instead:sunglasses:

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
Bolts are underneath on the new Ranger.
A slight contradiction.... If the bolts are on the underside, they shouldn't need to remove them.

bandit67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2007 Saleen/Parnelli Jones 302
A slight contradiction.... If the bolts are on the underside, they shouldn't need to remove them.
Spray bedliner crews remove bolts on F150's and Super Duty trucks - those have the bolt heads at the top of the beds. Look at the Ranger bed - there are no visible bolts, hence, bolts installed from underneath, therefore bedliner installers do not remove bed bolts when spraying the Ranger. I know - I work at a dealership, and we have our own spray-in bedliner guy on-site.

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
Spray bedliner crews remove bolts on F150's and Super Duty trucks - those have the bolt heads at the top of the beds. Look at the Ranger bed - there are no visible bolts, hence, bolts installed from underneath, therefore bedliner installers do not remove bed bolts when spraying the Ranger. I know - I work at a dealership, and we have our own spray-in bedliner guy on-site.
I was just saying there is a contradiction in the fact the Ranger bolts are underneath, hence, there is no need to remove them, so any bed alignment issues would be from the factory and not caused by aftermarket or dealer applied bedliners. :)

Al Gordon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
I work at ford and one of my PDI guys said that the bed is not aligned with the cab on a few when u look from the back of the vehicle anyone else notice this issue?
Actually, I noticed it on my new Ranger. When I brought it back to the dealership (actually, the dealership's aftermarket shop) to have them do the spray-in bedliner, etc., I mentioned it to them. They checked by measuring the distance from the bumper to the ground, and one side was maybe half an inch higher than the other. They checked another, older truck in the shop, which was off by over an inch. This is something that I plan on bringing up with the dealership the next time I go in for maintenance, as I'm assuming that this is something that can be adjusted. I'm not noticing any issues with ride quality, etc., but when you spend this much for a new vehicle, it would be nice if it was actually not put together crooked.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Actually, I noticed it on my new Ranger. When I brought it back to the dealership (actually, the dealership's aftermarket shop) to have them do the spray-in bedliner, etc., I mentioned it to them. They checked by measuring the distance from the bumper to the ground, and one side was maybe half an inch higher than the other. They checked another, older truck in the shop, which was off by over an inch. This is something that I plan on bringing up with the dealership the next time I go in for maintenance, as I'm assuming that this is something that can be adjusted. I'm not noticing any issues with ride quality, etc., but when you spend this much for a new vehicle, it would be nice if it was actually not put together crooked.
Sorry that this is a problem with your truck. Could you post some photos as reference? Thank you.

CaptainAmericaRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Machine & Tool Designer- Ford Motor Comapny
Vehicle Showcase
YES... i'm glad i found your thread! My tailgate is offset to one side by 1/2" or so and the gaps between tailgate and the bed sides are huge and uneven.
i plan on taking to the dealer next week and showing them. Hopefully they can just loosen the bed bolts and readjust it.

IMG_20190516_133414.jpg

IMG_20190516_133419.jpg

IMG_20190516_133438.jpg

IMG_20190516_133452.jpg

RangerKody

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
YES... i'm glad i found your thread! My tailgate is offset to one side by 1/2" or so and the gaps between tailgate and the bed sides are huge and uneven.
i plan on taking to the dealer next week and showing them. Hopefully they can just loosen the bed bolts and readjust it.

IMG_20190516_133414.jpg

IMG_20190516_133419.jpg

IMG_20190516_133438.jpg

IMG_20190516_133452.jpg
I’ll take some pictures of mine. I think it’s the same

BcP28

First Name
Bennett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F150, 2015 Ford Edge Sport
Occupation
Engineer

IMG_20190516_133414.jpg

IMG_20190516_133419.jpg

IMG_20190516_133438.jpg

IMG_20190516_133452.jpg
Has anyone else had this issue or had it fixed yet? Just noticed today that mine is almost identical to this; my bed favors the passenger side by about 1/2". Probably an easy fix, just seeing if anyone else has tackled it?
Sponsored