Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
I had a 2016 Mustang with the HID lights and they were absolutely fantastic. I would kill to have those in this truck.
Mine was a 2015. I feel you. My only gripe I ever had was the low beam top cutoff felt a little low, but never a hindrance and the brights made up for it in spades.
Sponsored

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
For now, the Auxitos are in their box in my truck but I can't see using LED's after this experience. I think for me, its either use the halogens or swap to the Lariat LED housings. The LED's look substantially better but function wise, they just aren't as good imo.
Just curious, What Auxitos were you running. Were they the 16K lumens? It has been discussed in this thread that anything over about 12K lumens tends to flood the reflectors and give a poor pattern with lots of scatter, especially the low beams. I'm running 8K lumens JDM fanless all around in mine and have had no issues. Some times too much power is not better, at least with lights.

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Emissions testing supplier
Just curious, What Auxitos were you running. Were they the 16K lumens? It has been discussed in this thread that anything over about 12K lumens tends to flood the reflectors and give a poor pattern with lots of scatter, especially the low beams. I'm running 8K lumens JDM fanless all around in mine and have had no issues. Some times too much power is not better, at least with lights.
The 12k ones here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TQLGGBR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ranger85

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
The strange thing is that they do not appear to fit all the way against the quarter panel. I wonder if this is the final product.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
The strange thing is that they do not appear to fit all the way against the quarter panel. I wonder if this is the final product.
Thats not a stock fender. On a stock one that would fit flush.
Correct. The ranger nemesis5zero has an APG wide-body kit installed on it. (Notice that the quarter panel is also not flush with the front panel either.

Ranger33566

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCrew
Occupation
Retired
Im using 2019 - 2020 Ford Ranger Reflector Low Beam Headlight GTR Lighting CSP Mini LED Headlight Bulbs from Headlight Revolution and they work great! super bright and nice beam pattern. I did have to clock them when I was installing them to have that nice line/cut off like factory. But a definite thumbs up!
For my fogs, Im using the Diode Dynamics
Luxeon LED Fog Lamps. Its complete housing replacement. but 4 screws each side and you are done. I wish they where alittle brighter but the beam pattern is nice.
Thanks for the good information. I am about to pull the trigger on these CSP mini. Do these bulbs have a hex screw on the bulb collar to allow adjustments or re-clock. You said you had to clock them.

First Name
Jaireh James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger T6 (PhDm)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Im planning to switch to leds on my Ranger soon. Can anybody please point me to manuals/articles explaining how to avoid BCM damage?

From what i have gathered, the stock halogens on the ranger is rates at 55W. When you replace it with leds which mostly are low wattage consumption (maybe 20 to 30W) the BCM throws an error because the accessory draws current that is way below the tolerance set for the headlight.

And the remedy is to "trick" the system into thinking that it still uses the stock (or near stock) rated bulb which should be at 55W. That is why canbus resistors or cancelers are needed to do this trick. Because the system doesnt really know the difference between the bulb types (led or halogens) but only distinguishes it through its current draw. Im also wondering what specifically are the tolerances so i can decide on which led to buy.

Please confirm or correct me in my understanding of its philisophy. Im an engineer from the Philippines and im trying to get my head around how the technicals works. most cars i have had experience with are JDMs. Technically this is my first time to own a Ford ? (the first was a 2000 Ranger which was family owned).

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Im planning to switch to leds on my Ranger soon. Can anybody please point me to manuals/articles explaining how to avoid BCM damage?

From what i have gathered, the stock halogens on the ranger is rates at 55W. When you replace it with leds which mostly are low wattage consumption (maybe 20 to 30W) the BCM throws an error because the accessory draws current that is way below the tolerance set for the headlight.

And the remedy is to "trick" the system into thinking that it still uses the stock (or near stock) rated bulb which should be at 55W. That is why canbus resistors or cancelers are needed to do this trick. Because the system doesnt really know the difference between the bulb types (led or halogens) but only distinguishes it through its current draw. Im also wondering what specifically are the tolerances so i can decide on which led to buy.

Please confirm or correct me in my understanding of its philisophy. Im an engineer from the Philippines and im trying to get my head around how the technicals works. most cars i have had experience with are JDMs. Technically this is my first time to own a Ford ? (the first was a 2000 Ranger which was family owned).
I've been running various different aftermarket LED replacements since February without any extra tech, resistors/cancellers, FORscan or anything. Once in a great while I'll see a flash in the lights but it's so infrequent it hasn't been an issue for me.

tfisher15

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, Supercrew, 4x4; 69 Firebird Conv
Occupation
Retired
I've been running various different aftermarket LED replacements since February without any extra tech, resistors/cancellers, FORscan or anything. Once in a great while I'll see a flash in the lights but it's so infrequent it hasn't been an issue for me.
Ditto on the occasional “blink” but otherwise no issues.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
I'm running all LEDs up from and the only thing I had to do was turn off hyper flash in Forscan. No other issues or codes.

First Name
Jaireh James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Ditto on the occasional “blink” but otherwise no issues.
I'm running all LEDs up from and the only thing I had to do was turn off hyper flash in Forscan. No other issues or codes.
Could it be a PhDM units issue only?? ?

Orrr. By any chance do you know how much is the rated wattage of your LEDs? If your rated wattage is more or Less 55W (which is close to stock) it would confirm my working hypothesis that the system will not care whether its Led or halogen or whatever as long as the +/- 55W wattage is met. So far this is what makes sense to me.

Many ranger owners in our loal facebook group complain of broken BCMs or low beams becomes non functional etc. I surmise that they may have been using a low rated wattage led (maybe 20-30W) thus the errors/damages.

???

OP
OP
weasel1

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lighting Blue FX4 w/302A
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
Could it be a PhDM units.... Many ranger owners in our loal facebook group complain of broken BCMs or low beams becomes non functional etc. I surmise that they may have been using a low rated wattage led (maybe 20-30W) thus the errors/damages.

???
Two things...

1. What is a PhDM unit?

2. This is the very first I have heard of BCM problems in a Ranger due to led headlights. You say this is in a local FB group you are hearing this. It's local the Philippines? If so, it's likely you have a different BCM than us.

First Name
Jaireh James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Two things...

1. What is a PhDM unit?

2. This is the very first I have heard of BCM problems in a Ranger due to led headlights. You say this is in a local FB group you are hearing this. It's local the Philippines? If so, it's likely you have a different BCM than us.
1. PhDM - Philippine Domestic Market

2. Might be the case then. Anyway im planning to get leds then test its actual current draw first using a multimeter. Wattage must be more or less 55W to mimic the original halogens.

Also, the issue might be with the leds available in our market. I have been reading this thread and most leds mentioned are not available locally.
Sponsored