First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Dave, at my mature age the only thing we had back in the day was good old ArmorAll for all of that stuff. And it worked although it was greasy, and attracted dust like a prom Queen attracted horn dogs on prom night. Then I found 303. If anyone needs any ArmorAll I have several bottles on the shelf in my basement. :)

Lol....I'll have to remember that one!

I always hated Armorall and haven't used it since the late 80's. I've been using the 303 for about 15 years or so and it's the best UV protectant you can get. I threw out all my AA years ago but you might be able to give it away on Craigslist. ?
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Has anyone use one of these car blow dryers yet? I've always used a chamois but have seen a few videos on these lately. To me it seems like the larger areas would be nice and easy but then you're going to be blowing water from the tight crevices back onto the dry areas?

https://www.detailedimage.com/Sales...um=email&utm_campaign=blo-car-dryer-launch-20

Not that one, but I picked up a small electric blower at Lowes Hdwe. IIRC, around 20 bucks. Works great. It gets all the water out of those little hidie holes, and I would say approx. 80% of the water off the body. The out comes the micro fiber towels to get the rest.

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Not that one, but I picked up a small electric blower at Sams. IIRC, around 20 bucks. Works great. It gets all the water out of those little hidie holes, and I would say approx. 80% of the water off the body. The out comes the micro fiber towels to get the rest.
I know people who use all sorts of different things from an air compressor to leaf blowers. A friend of mine has a small Makita cordless leaf blower he uses which is convenient. Like you I'm trying to make things easier as I get older but the chamois isn't all that bad to use. I was just thinking this might be less work which is always a good thing.

Ranger8729

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Ranger & 2019 Ranger
I just use my old electric leaf blower with a filter on it, then the microfiber lol

But for the 303, I also use it (my kayaks, jet ski, anything in the sun) but I haven't on my Ranger yet. I'm worried it might run after a rain if i use it on the door handles/mirrors. It runs a little when my other items get wet - you guys seeing that on the truck?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I just use my old electric leaf blower with a filter on it, then the microfiber lol

But for the 303, I also use it (my kayaks, jet ski, anything in the sun) but I haven't on my Ranger yet. I'm worried it might run after a rain if i use it on the door handles/mirrors. It runs a little when my other items get wet - you guys seeing that on the truck?
We don't much rain here but when I was living back in MA I used it all the time. I used it on the top bed rails of my F150 and the rubber around the windows and bumpers and never had any problem with it running.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO
I know people who use all sorts of different things from an air compressor to leaf blowers. A friend of mine has a small Makita cordless leaf blower he uses which is convenient. Like you I'm trying to make things easier as I get older but the chamois isn't all that bad to use. I was just thinking this might be less work which is always a good thing.
@AzScorpion Dave, the blower I bought was advertised to be used to do light jobs like blowing dust, fine shavings, etc. It's light, small, and cuts my drying time in half. Basically it's a mini leaf blower. I said I bought it at Sams, but it was at Lowes. Yeah, I'm old, I forget things. :)

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Pro-Series...67lG-TciQt1b8ylkYehoC6ggQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
@AzScorpion Dave, the blower I bought was advertised to be used to do light jobs like blowing dust, fine shavings, etc. It's light, small, and cuts my drying time in half. Basically it's a mini leaf blower. I said I bought it at Sams, but it was at Lowes. Yeah, I'm old, I forget things. :)

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Pro-Series...67lG-TciQt1b8ylkYehoC6ggQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

No worries Jim I have CRS (can't remember sh!*) all the time. ;)

I have that exact mini blower I bought for blowing off my patio furniture and outdoor bbq area. It's super dusty here so instead of dragging out the large one I saw this one at Lowes and it's worked out great. I'll have to try it out next time I wash my truck

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO
No worries Jim I have CRS (can't remember sh!*) all the time. ;)

I have that exact mini blower I bought for blowing off my patio furniture and outdoor bbq area. It's super dusty here so instead of dragging out the large one I saw this one at Lowes and it's worked out great. I'll have to try it out next time I wash my truck
It'll do the trick my friend.

OP
OP
Gims04

Gims04

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2008 Pontiac G8
Has anyone use one of these car blow dryers yet? I've always used a chamois but have seen a few videos on these lately. To me it seems like the larger areas would be nice and easy but then you're going to be blowing water from the tight crevices back onto the dry areas?

https://www.detailedimage.com/Sales...um=email&utm_campaign=blo-car-dryer-launch-20
Never even crossed my mind to use a blower of any sort to help dry. I've been a chamois guy ever my job as a detailer at BMW/MINI (almost 20yrs. ago). I am going to have to give this a try.

I've also heard lots of good things about 303 products but have never given them a go. I started using Chemical Guys and really like them and never looked beyond them. I will get my hands on that aerospace one. I typically just carnuba wax all my big plastics when I'm waxing and feel that it does a great job of making the plastic more vibrant.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Never even crossed my mind to use a blower of any sort to help dry. I've been a chamois guy ever my job as a detailer at BMW/MINI (almost 20yrs. ago). I am going to have to give this a try.

I've also heard lots of good things about 303 products but have never given them a go. I started using Chemical Guys and really like them and never looked beyond them. I will get my hands on that aerospace one. I typically just carnuba wax all my big plastics when I'm waxing and feel that it does a great job of making the plastic more vibrant.
I've always used a chamois too but was watching some detail videos on YouTube and saw a guy using one. I sold both my pressure washers when I moved out here and stupid me should've kept one of them so I could use a foam cannon, which I already have. I'm going to buy a cheap electric one on Amazon for now as I don't need a contractor grade one anymore since I gave up that part of the business of washing houses.

The 303 Aerospace Protectant is great stuff! Besides all the exterior plastic and rubber around your windows I use it on the dash, seats and all black interior trim. It even helps restore the black plastic if it's graying. They have a 16oz bottle but the 32oz is only $5.00 more.

https://www.amazon.com/303-30350-Ae...id=1600308024&sprefix=303+aero,aps,217&sr=8-9

OP
OP
Gims04

Gims04

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2008 Pontiac G8
I've always used a chamois too but was watching some detail videos on YouTube and saw a guy using one. I sold both my pressure washers when I moved out here and stupid me should've kept one of them so I could use a foam cannon, which I already have. I'm going to buy a cheap electric one on Amazon for now as I don't need a contractor grade one anymore since I gave up that part of the business of washing houses.

The 303 Aerospace Protectant is great stuff! Besides all the exterior plastic and rubber around your windows I use it on the dash, seats and all black interior trim. It even helps restore the black plastic if it's graying. They have a 16oz bottle but the 32oz is only $5.00 more.

https://www.amazon.com/303-30350-Aerospace-Protectant-32oz/dp/B0000BYMNQ/ref=sr_1_9?crid=1I0IZOHQE8EC&dchild=1&keywords=303+aerospace+protectant&qid=1600308024&sprefix=303+aero,aps,217&sr=8-9
I luckily have a leaf blower I will try out at my next wash. I will also order the 303 before that and give it a try.

Tiny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Lariat, color Saber, all the bells and whistles
Occupation
Retired
I use free good old american air driving 60-70mph for a couple miles right after wash, then the microfiber comes out. Easy peezy.

Obijack

First Name
J J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 iconic sliver
Occupation
Attorney
I’ve had my fill of washing and waxing over the decades. I have a subscription to a new car wash down the street from my office now.

Figarou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Edge ST, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat

https://www.amazon.com/303-30350-Aerospace-Protectant-32oz/dp/B0000BYMNQ/ref=sr_1_9?crid=1I0IZOHQE8EC&dchild=1&keywords=303+aerospace+protectant&qid=1600308024&sprefix=303+aero,aps,217&sr=8-9

Wait......a 32oz bottle for $40.72 :shock:

Try this link instead.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KN0UOEE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There's more sizes to choose from at better prices.
Sponsored