Waterproof in-bed storage box?

Al Gordon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Any recommendations for a basic storage box or system which would work well in the new Ranger? I'm waiting for my tonneau cover to arrive, but until then (and maybe after), I'd like to occasionally carry some stuff in the bed without it getting rained all over here in the Pacific NW.
Sponsored

Pflip

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Corvette 19 Ranger Lariat
Any recommendations for a basic storage box or system which would work well in the new Ranger? I'm waiting for my tonneau cover to arrive, but until then (and maybe after), I'd like to occasionally carry some stuff in the bed without it getting rained all over here in the Pacific NW.
I have used mtmcase-gard.com utility cases for years and never had a problem with leaking. For the record I don't use the ammo boxes line but thier utility line is good and they have size options. If you go to the site then go to Products dropdown - Dry Boxes-Ammo cans & Crates - Ammo crates you can see the different sizes. The product is good. I found them at Menards which is a Home Depot type big-box store but you can get them other places

OP
OP
Al Gordon

Al Gordon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have used mtmcase-gard.com utility cases for years and never had a problem with leaking. For the record I don't use the ammo boxes line but thier utility line is good and they have size options. If you go to the site then go to Products dropdown - Dry Boxes-Ammo cans & Crates - Ammo crates you can see the different sizes. The product is good. I found them at Menards which is a Home Depot type big-box store but you can get them other places
Thanks for the suggestion. I think I'm looking for something a little bigger than what I see on that site, although I do see a case or two I might pick up for other reasons. :)

OP
OP
Al Gordon

Al Gordon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Since I probably did not describe what I'm asking about very well: I'm thinking about just using something like this, to keep some things dry in the bed of the truck (some may be a bigger than what fits into something like an ammo can or a tool box). Maybe something like this: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MGTS1WW , and wondering if anyone has experience or recommendations for similar products that I should consider or avoid.

Pflip

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Corvette 19 Ranger Lariat
:yawn:
Since I probably did not describe what I'm asking about very well: I'm thinking about just using something like this, to keep some things dry in the bed of the truck (some may be a bigger than what fits into something like an ammo can or a tool box). Maybe something like this: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MGTS1WW , and wondering if anyone has experience or recommendations for similar products that I should consider or avoid.
Got it ! I use the #8 box for my trailer hitch inserts, they have never rusted or corroded so that was the motivation for suggestion. Have a good one and enjoy your truck while the rest of us wait,

CaptainAmericaRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Machine & Tool Designer- Ford Motor Comapny
Vehicle Showcase
I bought a DeWalt rolling tool box for all my gear. I keep it bungee'd to the left rear corner of the bed in my current F150 (under a tonneau)
but i plan on using it with my Ranger after i decide on a cover.

IMG_20180903_153513.jpg

CaptainAmericaRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I bought a DeWalt rolling tool box for all my gear. I keep it bungee'd to the left rear corner of the bed in my current F150 (under a tonneau)
but i plan on using it with my Ranger after i decide on a cover.

IMG_20180903_153513.jpg
this is my winter gear box, i don't carry all of it the rest of the year.
i have a CONTICO Tuff Bin that will make a good tool box for the ranger too.

contico tuff bin.jpeg

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase

CaptainAmericaRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I need the depth of the bed in summer for my mountain bikes. Plan on getting a topper cap as soon as they're available.
but the decked system looks awesome!

PatrickM

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pmiyoshiphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback16, Ford Ranger 11
Occupation
⭐ tender
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like we’ll have to wait till the 3rd quarter of this year to purchase and install the decked system for the 19 ranger!

949D31D5-19BC-4602-BBE2-ECC33DDEF574.jpeg

PatrickM

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pmiyoshiphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback16, Ford Ranger 11
Occupation
⭐ tender
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like we’ll have to wait till the 3rd quarter of this year to purchase and install the decked system for the 19 ranger!

949D31D5-19BC-4602-BBE2-ECC33DDEF574.jpeg
Here’s another update... looks like we’re getting close to having them release it, photo shows the ranger crew cab setup. I really want this for the Ranger! Would help with storing my camping gear and recovery gear!

013BCDB9-112A-4F6D-91B5-92AE8A716354.jpeg

DrRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Taurus, 2019 Ranger XL (May 20)
Occupation
Retired
It would be nice if that "bag" had an internal frame. The Q&A for that item says is does not.
Sponsored