[Updated] Ranger Ford Performance Power Pack Performance Tune Software (M-9603-REB) Released!

RangerDangerStranger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier SV in Tactical Green Metallic
Occupation
Cool Dude
Went and read the thread, Forgive the dumb question.

I'd love to see 400/400 out of this thing, but, woudn't last that long in stock form. Wonder if there are built 2.3's out there capable. Maybe buy a used engine and built it up. they are so plentiful and cheap!
Sponsored

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
Mine finally came. I was confused by the instructions but in the process of summarizing the steps to format some questions to ask here I understood it. I got mine from the dealer so I could use my "points" and will take the programmed tool and my truck in and essentially have them do the last step(s) so as to gain the warranty. I negotiated a reasonable labor charge and am looking forward to getting it "installed" next week. I plan to use the K/N for now but will add the Roush CAI in a couple months. The instructions seem to warn about having a fully charged battery as if the process took so long it could cause problems. It made me wonder....wife's Honda will only stay in accessory mode so long and then it automatically shuts off. Is this something to worry about as the instructions warn "IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO CONNECT VEHICLE TO A BATTERY CHARGER/TENDER TO ENSURE ADEQUATE BATTERY VOLTAGE DURING CALIBRATION PROCESS"

RangerDangerStranger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier SV in Tactical Green Metallic
Occupation
Cool Dude
i installed one of these on my mustang GT. The software had a battery gauge, and i think it's good advice. suggest driving the truck for 20 or so minutes prior, as the battery will discharge, and it does take 10 mins or so to write and check the software. if i remember correctly the vehicle is 'On' when written. Software does allot of stuff when writting, like turn on the head lights, etc,. so it uses battery.

Interesting side note, using forscan early on, i totally whiped the ECU on the mustang. Car was a brick. a tow to the dealer and a few hundred bucks a later, she was good as new. So, it can be flashed if there is a catastrophic failure.

Last edited:

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
Mine finally came. I was confused by the instructions but in the process of summarizing the steps to format some questions to ask here I understood it. I got mine from the dealer so I could use my "points" and will take the programmed tool and my truck in and essentially have them do the last step(s) so as to gain the warranty. I negotiated a reasonable labor charge and am looking forward to getting it "installed" next week. I plan to use the K/N for now but will add the Roush CAI in a couple months. The instructions seem to warn about having a fully charged battery as if the process took so long it could cause problems. It made me wonder....wife's Honda will only stay in accessory mode so long and then it automatically shuts off. Is this something to worry about as the instructions warn "IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO CONNECT VEHICLE TO A BATTERY CHARGER/TENDER TO ENSURE ADEQUATE BATTERY VOLTAGE DURING CALIBRATION PROCESS"
I hook up my battery charger when flashing tunes. You never know.........

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ford Ranger Lariat,MB GLK250,ā€™21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Took about an hour to install going through the whole process. Easy to do once you figure out whatā€™s going on. And yes I used a battery charger.

I would describe it as a nice mid range boost in torque. Just a quick drive so far. 90* out so no need to torture it.

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Went and read the thread, Forgive the dumb question.
The challenge with a mature site and threads that were started in Dec 2019 or earlier is that there is a point when it is hard, if not impossible to read all there is on a subject for specific answers...even if you search.....while there are some dumb questions, it can be hard to sift throw everything for opinions. No worries, not a problem.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The challenge with a mature site and threads that were started in Dec 2019 or earlier is that there is a point when it is hard, if not impossible to read all there is on a subject for specific answers...even if you search.....while there are some dumb questions, it can be hard to sift throw everything for opinions. No worries, not a problem.
Hi Rich,

You are spot on.... I support these forums and answer the same question again and again sometimes. I am not frustrated. I am now telling back stories again because they do not bubble up in searches.... I am happy folks will pose questions...not asking means that there won't likely be an answer.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Update: The more I drive it the more I like it. More responsive in general. It doesnā€™t get caught lugging on light throttle like before. Very nice upgrade.

And Sport mode really means SPORT mode now.

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Took about an hour to install going through the whole process. Easy to do once you figure out whatā€™s going on. And yes I used a battery charger.

I would describe it as a nice mid range boost in torque. Just a quick drive so far. 90* out so no need to torture it.
Once you finally get to the flash point :) what exactly happens after you select the ā€œPreloaded calibrationā€ instructions are a little vague IMO after that. Also this :service function confuses me a little:
g. Tire/Gear Adjust
i. Allows the end user to change the tire size or axle ratio stored in the PCM. Only to
be used if installed tires or gears deviate from factory installed parts
My Lariat has 18" so I assume that the VIN tells the software what wheels are there?

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Once you finally get to the flash point :) what exactly happens after you select the ā€œPreloaded calibrationā€ instructions are a little vague IMO after that. Also this :service function confuses me a little:
g. Tire/Gear Adjust
i. Allows the end user to change the tire size or axle ratio stored in the PCM. Only to
be used if installed tires or gears deviate from factory installed parts
My Lariat has 18" so I assume that the VIN tells the software what wheels are there?
Once you download your original software and upload it to the app you then download the the performance setting. After that plug it back into the vehicle and select the performance tune and it will run until it is done. I suggest a battery charger be connected.

Installing the performance tune will take 10-15 minutes.

I had no reason to change the tire size. You donā€™t need to do anything for that.

Last edited:

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Once you download your original software and upload it to the app you then download the the performance setting. After that plug it back into the vehicle and select the performance tune and it will run until it is done. I suggest a battery charger be connected.

Installing the performance tune will take 10-15 minutes.

I had no reason to change the tire size. You donā€™t need to do anything for that.
I figured that was the case. I did not hook the charger when I did the first part just turned off lights, climate sys and radio - went fine, took about 20 min, and after the first few minutes the only thing the was lit up was the tool.

RangerRick19

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Update: The more I drive it the more I like it. More responsive in general. It doesnā€™t get caught lugging on light throttle like before. Very nice upgrade.

Is it true that Ford wonā€™t do the tune if youā€™re running 33s? Thatā€™s a huge drawback to me personally.

Buffy Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XL Supercab
The longest part is copying your original stock tune onto the PROCAL...estimated time was about 45 min for me. Once you download the FPP tune from laptop/pc to PROCAL and flash ecu estimated time was 15-20 min. So I agree with the recommendation to charge battery for the process.
Best regards.

Last edited:

zhuskers1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
retired

Any change in MPG? Any experience towing? Thank you!!!
Sponsored