[Updated] Ranger Ford Performance Power Pack Performance Tune Software (M-9603-REB) Released!

pull string get cookies

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 White Platinum
Vehicle Showcase
Good info! Thanks. I have had the Borla since I got the truck almost a year ago, as I hoped my wife might be convinced it came with it :) Had a Borla on my '02 Mustang - amazing that our little 4 cyls put out more HP than that area 4.6L V8s. Excited to get the ProCal and will do everything I can short of "pushing the button" - its a small town dealer and I know the service manger and drive auction cars for them so hope to keep the "install" reasonable if I do the computer down load, etc. part. My thought was if I think I can get the Roush intake kit not to put the K/N in so as to be able to sell it on to another Ranger owner.
The Ford Performance Exhaust (Borla) w/ the Roush CAI and the Ford Tune is a great combination. As far as I am concerned, this combination is worth the expense. Of course, I’m am biased since this is the setup I installed on my Ranger. Also, the Roush CAI provides a noticeable improvement over the K&N filter that comes w/ the Ford tune. Regards

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired

pull string get cookies

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Is there data to support this?
I did not dyno it, nor do I intend to do so. So, no quantitative data to support my observation. I did use the same test drive rout and fuel grade to test each upgrade, temperature and road conditions remained generally equal as well. All I have is my experience as a Porsche Technician, ASE’s, and state safety check & automotive technician license to provide some (if any) credibility to my observations.

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I did not dyno it, nor do I intend to do so. So, no quantitative data to support my observation. I did use the same test drive rout and fuel grade to test each upgrade, temperature and road conditions remained generally equal as well. All I have is my experience as a Porsche Technician, ASE’s, and state safety check & automotive technician license to provide some (if any) credibility to my observations.
Your credibility was never in question. I was just curious what data you based your assessment on and maybe the metrics you used. Dynos are good and all but I agree with the "trap speed" being the true test of improvements made by any particular modification.
I have been looking at buying a Dragy module for accurate trap speeds and 0 to 60 times without having to go to the track after every mod or change I make.

pull string get cookies

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Your credibility was never in question. I was just curious what data you based your assessment on and maybe the metrics you used. Dynos are good and all but I agree with the "trap speed" being the true test of improvements made by any particular modification.
I have been looking at buying a Dragy module for accurate trap speeds and 0 to 60 times without having to go to the track after every mod or change I make.
No worries. I must agree with you on the data, and look forward to hearing of your experience w/ the Dragy (or similar device) if you decide to purchase.

v/r,
Justin

runner69

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Transit bus mechanic, former Ford master tech
Vehicle Showcase
got mine back from the dealership today! Similar mount point. Any recommended gauges to have on display?
what I have on mine is coolant temp, transmission temp, CAT temp, absolute fuel pressure, LT FUEL trim and ST FUEL trim. This allows me to know that I'm running at the correct fuel mixture and that the Engine and Transmission aren't getting too hot.

Apples

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
Always naysayers! The Ford Performance package is 50 state legal. That includes California.

The paper work started, that if an ASE certified tech does the install, it is covered on warranty in all 50 states!!

Who did mine? Ford Performance personnel.

zhuskers1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
retired
What is the impact on MPG from installing the Ford Performance Tune?

thanks!!

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring

thanks!!
Interested but not concerned. With all respect and not meaning to be flippant, I can't remember the last time I checked any of my vehicles...I wondered on my Lexus GS 430 if I got better mileage with premium but never really checked beyond the cars info system. i remember being surprised that my '02 Mustang GT got 26 mpg on the road, but surely the Ecoboost Mustangs are faster and get better. in the 1980s I did watch the mileage on my Accord which often got over 30 mpg, but at this point I remain only interested. Wish my tune would come in.

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

thanks!!
I have not noticed any difference. Other than it being more difficult to keep my foot out of it that is. I like having the extra power.

But I took a 300+ mile, mostly freeway, ride last Saturday. The truck got 27.6 mpg with cruise set at 70/75.

I really don’t worry about it much. Didn’t buy the truck for its fuel efficiency. Around town if I am driving in “spirited” mode I see 14/18 mpg. Depends on how spirited I am being.

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
I have not noticed any difference. Other than it being more difficult to keep my foot out of it that is. I like having the extra power.

But I took a 300+ mile, mostly freeway, ride last Saturday. The truck got 27.6 mpg with cruise set at 70/75.

I really don’t worry about it much. Didn’t buy the truck for its fuel efficiency. Around town if I am driving in “spirited” mode I see 14/18 mpg. Depends on how spirited I am being.
my thoughts almost exactly

zhuskers1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
retired
One last question before I set up the install of the Ford Performance Tune.

Any negative impacts at high altitude? I tow ATV’s through the Rockies.

I would assume not with increased torque - but would like to hear from ya’ll to confirm. Thanks in advance.

peterson1604

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
One last question before I set up the install of the Ford Performance Tune.

Any negative impacts at high altitude? I tow ATV’s through the Rockies.

I would assume not with increased torque - but would like to hear from ya’ll to confirm. Thanks in advance.
Good question I don't know if the Ford tune has that ability. I went with Livernois because they do several different tunes including one for towing.

Best of luck.
Sponsored