First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Orange SuperCrew FX4 Trailer Tow 302A
Vehicle Showcase
SaberCamping.jpeg

Camping in New York (upper)! Luckily, we went there before our state was on NY's shit list!

IMG_2186.jpeg

IMG_2187.jpeg

IMG_2188.jpeg

aslusers

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
On top of Brockway Mountain overlooking Lake Superior in the Keweenaw peninsula of Michigan. One of our favorite spots and made the trip over that way for a long weekend!

IMG_20200725_150315605_HDR~2.jpg
We are thinking of going around the Superior lake for our summer vacation. Any specific place recommended for camping with our travel trailer?

Deleted member 1634

We are thinking of going around the Superior lake for our summer vacation. Any specific place recommended for camping with our travel trailer?
First I'll warn that Canada is currently not letting recreational traffic across the border, and whenever they do again I'd imagine there'll be a mandatory quarantine period. So probably won't be able to do the northern shore of the loop anytime soon.

In the UP of Michigan (hidden gem in my mind):
- Whitefish Point/Tahquamenon area
- Pictured Rocks
- Keweenaw (McLain or Fort Wilkins) (we visit this area at least once a year if not more)
- Porcupine Mountains

Wisconsin (not much shoreline to choose from relatively speaking):
- Apostle Islands

Minnesota (very busy always):
- Gooseberry
- Tettegouche
- Cascade
- Judge Magney

Ontario:
- Sleeping Giant (a must for me every time)
- Neys Provincial Park
- Lake Superior Provincial Park (one of my new favorites)

Feel free to send me a DM if you'd like more info. I grew up in the UP, currently live in Minnesota, and have done the loop a handful of times.

Sleeping Giant PP:
IMG_20190822_203624956.jpg

Lake Superior PP:
IMG_20190821_202454942.jpg

aslusers

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
First I'll warn that Canada is currently not letting recreational traffic across the border, and whenever they do again I'd imagine there'll be a mandatory quarantine period. So probably won't be able to do the northern shore of the loop anytime soon.

- Pictured Rocks
- Keweenaw (McLain or Fort Wilkins) (we visit this area at least once a year if not more)
- Porcupine Mountains

- Apostle Islands

- Gooseberry
- Tettegouche
- Cascade
- Judge Magney

Ontario:
- Neys Provincial Park

Feel free to send me a DM if you'd like more info. I grew up in the UP, currently live in Minnesota, and have done the loop a handful of times.

Sleeping Giant PP:

Lake Superior PP:
Wow! Beautiful! I forgot to add one little detail... I mean Summer 2021. Not this year. Hope by then, Canada will open their border. If not, it will be Summer 2022. I could make my 2021 Summer to be in the West of USA, such as Yellowstone, Glacier NP, etc.

Deleted member 1634

Wow! Beautiful! I forgot to add one little detail... I mean Summer 2021. Not this year. Hope by then, Canada will open their border. If not, it will be Summer 2022. I could make my 2021 Summer to be in the West of USA, such as Yellowstone, Glacier NP, etc.
Ahh, okay, in that case you should be fine then. And you should be able to actually get good sites then (if you reserve early enough), because as it to be expected a lot of the good site get booked right away.

Trip out West to Glacier and Yellowstone is amazing too. Been to Yellowstone a couple times. Not Glacier yet, though it is high on the list.

Our next big trip idea is the Canadian Rockies (Banff, Jasper, etc.). Good we didn't try and do that this year. Hopefully next August, but who knows at this point.

GtownRanger

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Engineer

- Pictured Rocks
- Porcupine Mountains

- Apostle Islands

- Gooseberry
- Tettegouche
- Cascade
- Judge Magney

Ontario:
- Neys Provincial Park

Sleeping Giant PP:

Lake Superior PP:
Hey now we are talking my territory (Ontario) and I haven’t been to either one ! I am going to have to explore those ! Any cool rough driving at any of them?

Deleted member 1634

Hey now we are talking my territory (Ontario) and I haven’t been to either one ! I am going to have to explore those ! Any cool rough driving at any of them?
Both Sleeping Giant and Lake Superior are pretty hiking oriented. Mostly paved roads throughout. Amazing views of the lake though!

View from the top of the giant with my brother and my dog Charlie back in summer of 2018. I've been going every year for the last few since I like it so much. Quite the hike to the top of the giant. About 15 miles round-trip and 1000' of elevation change.
IMG_20180820_122119_868.jpg