Ford Ranger Gets 3 New Ford Performance Accessory Packages For Off-Roading and Customization

LightingBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fx4 off-road Larit Supercab (2019)
Seems grossly over-priced?....
I'm at 1 year July 3rd. Just turned 13,000 miles last weekend. I'm probably going to trade at 50k whenever that is. The only thing that will get me into another Ranger 'for-sure' is a 4x4/AWD Hybrid. Wife has a 2020 escape hybrid that is amazing. 38.7 mpg, 100 mile-average daily commute. Dont get me wrong I like the truck [a lot] but not the fanboy some are...its a truck, kinda high priced for what it is compared to other big-3 full size offerings, it does the job, has some nice features, lacking others..we will see what's out there in about 37,000 miles and what I'm in the mood for.
JMO
Well, that Escape hybrid is a typical class II rating and can tow a max of ~3K lbs with no appreciable load capacity (ie: a few hundred lbs here and there). You're going to need a heck of a lot longer lead time than 2.5 more years to find that miracle 4x4/AWD/Hybrid truck you're after. And if/when it does come down the pipe, it sure won't be had at Ranger money.

You're asking for a class III or IV vehicle with the money-shot drivetrain at your price point..... There's a butt for every seat, and used Aztec's are a value proposition!

Anyway, back on topic, I like the idea of a $9K option set which makes the truck look like you enjoy spending money poorly. If you're diehard enough to want a Raptor, just get a Raptor. I see them daily on the commute near Microsoft and Amazon main campus'. Knobby tires worn down lovingly by the freeways, fully optioned out with extra lights and ceramic coatings.
Sponsored

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
Well, that Escape hybrid is a typical class II rating and can tow a max of ~3K lbs with no appreciable load capacity (ie: a few hundred lbs here and there). You're going to need a heck of a lot longer lead time than 2.5 more years to find that miracle 4x4/AWD/Hybrid truck you're after. And if/when it does come down the pipe, it sure won't be had at Ranger money.

You're asking for a class III or IV vehicle with the money-shot drivetrain at your price point..... There's a butt for every seat, and used Aztec's are a value proposition!

Anyway, back on topic, I like the idea of a $9K option set which makes the truck look like you enjoy spending money poorly. If you're diehard enough to want a Raptor, just get a Raptor. I see them daily on the commute near Microsoft and Amazon main campus'. Knobby tires worn down lovingly by the freeways, fully optioned out with extra lights and ceramic coatings.
Raptors are like H1 Hummers: Very cool but unless you are in the Yukon, middle of a desert or somewhere you have lots of gas and lots of wide open secluded spaces. road warriors who have the bucks to buy and drive on paved road are silly...

NMBruce

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lexus GX470
Occupation
Retired Air Traffic Controller
Because I don’t know, the Ford/Fox off road leveling kit, how much of a lift is that?

Johnv1991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
When I first saw this on Instagram I misinterpreted the post to think there were new parts. Forgive me if I’m wrong but seems only stage 3 has a new part (winch ready bumper) which explains later availability. With that said I do wish some of this was available from the dealer when I ordered my truck. Wouldn’t have minded the lift and level kit installed from day one.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
Once again, nothing for the street.
i do like that beautiful but worthless light bar holder.
It looks good without the lights.