Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '11 GMC Acadia, '03 HD VRod
Occupation
Grand Sovereign Monarch of Scottopia
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all, wanted to offer my insight and experience over the last 6 weeks with my AWE 0FG Exhaust. For full transparency, I do want it to be clear that this was installed on my Ranger at no cost for letting them borrow it for a week to install a system, test and create the marketing materials. I thought it was a unique opportunity, so I did take advantage of it knowing the reputation of AWE. Of course seeing the pics and videos of my Ranger on the AWE and Stage3 sites is pretty cool as well.

When I picked it up, obviously the first and most visible impact was the Diamond Black tips… pretty sweet looking and they definitely make a statement. I did end up rotating the forward clamp to the inside between the 2, it stood out a bit too much for my liking, minor issue. Very easy to clean and maintain.

1587831134977.png

Obviously, the next thing I did was start it and rev the #@&! out of it. I was surprised at how throaty it was especially for a 4, was a bit nervous going in that it would sound too much like an import or Gymkata Focus. It does not, it has its own distinctive sound which has caused my gas mileage over these last few weeks to drop off a bit because I am having more “fun” driving it. To the point where my wife and daughter just role their eyes… which makes it even more enjoyable!! Must also admit that it does turn heads when you get on the gas as the sound is deeper than I expected and spot on for what I was looking for from stock, yet not overpowering at speed.

Start up audio:

One of their Marketing items is the “Drone-canceling” 180 Technology. I had not thought much about the drone of the exhaust while driving at normal speeds, so I really did not take it too seriously. To be quite honest, I did not fully understand what the “drone” was, just figured this was normal. I will say it works and works well. So well that it now feels like I am driving much slower than I actually am. I MAY (not an admission of guilt!) have found myself several times now at speeds well over 80 without noticing it. I have been amazed at the difference and impact it has on the drive quality and makes the B&O Sound System even better. The video (link below) of their test drive where they run it at 70 is very accurate. I look forward to our lives getting back to normal so that I can enjoy this even more.

One feature that I did not expect, and think is pretty useful to any who off-road is their “BashGuard” tip. This allows us to remove the lower end of the exhaust from the tips to just over the axle (pic below) and to add on the guard tip to protect the system. I added a screenshot from their off-road video where this was necessary. They clearly had some fun with it… very jealous.

1587831398472.png

BashGuard set up at work:

1587831417408.png

Stock exhaust
(still surprised at how large the stock muffler is… I feel like I lost my Ranger love handles):

1587831436652.png

AWE Installed (now sexy and lean):

1587831460792.png

Weight Comparison: Stock Ranger Exhaust is 34lbs vs AWE 0FG Exhaust at 23lbs

Overall Impression:

Honestly - may the Sox, Pats, Bruins & Celtics never win another championship if I am misleading any - I am thoroughly impressed and happy with the build quality, sound and look of the system. That it only cost me a week with the truck makes this even better. To add to the experience, the team at AWE have been wonderful to work with. After talking with many of them and touring their facility, it is clear that they take great care and pride in their products which makes my recommending their exhaust solutions even easier. I guess the best thing I could say is that if I were in the market for a new exhaust, I would eagerly purchase the AWE system.

If anyone has any questions or would like more details of my experience or thoughts, please send me a note. Even willing to take you on a virtual drive-along if needed! Appreciate your taking the time to read this!

Scott
Sponsored

Last edited:

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
Looks good, how is the in cabin noise while cruising at 50-75 MPH compared to stock?

OP
OP
Scottopia

Scottopia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Looks good, how is the in cabin noise while cruising at 50-75 MPH compared to stock?
Non existent unless you are getting on it hard. Surprisingly quiet due to their "drone canceling 180 technology". If you play their video at about 0;56 you can hear the cabin sound at 70.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
I like the look of the exhaust tips. :thumbsup:

As for the sound... fart can. :thumbsdown:

Thanks for posting the information. If you're happy, that's all that really matters.

OP
OP
Scottopia

Scottopia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I like the look of the exhaust tips. :thumbsup:

As for the sound... fart can. :thumbsdown:

Thanks for posting the information. If you're happy, that's all that really matters.
I get what you‘re saying and respect it, but short of a muffler delete I have yet to hear anything that comes close to a deep roar of a V8. I wish I had better sound clips as on the road, IMO, it sounds pretty damn good, no farts, in a can at least. ? The drone-canceling feature Is also pretty sweet and adds to the appeal for me. But lIke you said, all that really matters is what each of us likes (unless someone is in China or they work for Disney, then they may be out of luck).

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
How much weight difference between SHOCK STOCK & AWE ?

OP
OP
Scottopia

Scottopia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Scottopia

Scottopia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
How much weight difference between SHOCK STOCK & AWE ?
Stock exhaust is 34lbs
AWE 0FG as installed is 23lbs

So I guess I now only need to lose 9lbs rather than 20?

RangerVA

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for taking the time to write up your experience with the AWE exhaust. It’s very useful, and how great that you were selected to test their new exhaust system for the Ranger. I’ve been watching the videos as they‘ve been uploaded to IG and was really on the fence about which exhaust system to go with until I saw the AWE system. I do like the sound and their tips are the best design that I’ve seen for what interests me.

There are two things that stand out to me, however, after reading this post. In the first video, it looks like your truck is getting some scarring from the exhaust smoke. You can notice it on your mud flaps, too. Are you concerned about that?

The second observation has to do a little bit with my first comment and a lot to do with the previous post. Will this exhaust pass state emissions tests?

thanks and congrats on a great looking (and sounding!) truck.

OP
OP
Scottopia

Scottopia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
There are two things that stand out to me, however, after reading this post. In the first video, it looks like your truck is getting some scarring from the exhaust smoke. You can notice it on your mud flaps, too. Are you concerned about that?

The second observation has to do a little bit with my first comment and a lot to do with the previous post. Will this exhaust pass state emissions tests?

I have not seen any scarring at all, have only had the usual residue on the tips which they recommend using Meguirar’s Quik Detailer to maintain.

I did ask about emissions, CEL and such before I had it installed. While I cannot speak for them, they did assure me that it will pass all and the “No CEL” is part of their guarantee. I will send them an email asking them to jump on and verify.

I think you will be happy with the system, looks and sounds great in my opinion!

Josh/AWE

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Is this system legal I noticed that it says it has a resonator so I guess that means it is a muffler delete system.
Hi, DR. Yes, our system does not influence any emissions equipment. It is what I like to call a "midpipe-back" configuration.

The patented 180 Technology® resonator is our proprietary drone-canceling solution that allows optimal performance, and a killer soundtrack without any drone. Its volume is very much controlled by throttle input -- it is not difficult to creep around when needed. It's the perfect exhaust note for the Ranger, IMO.

The image below is for reference of the 0FG Exhaust's layout:

awe_ranger_0fg_oncar_4.png

Josh/AWE

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Will this exhaust pass state emissions tests?
Yes, sir. No worries here as it does not interfere or influence emissions equipment :thumbsup:

RangerVA

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, sir. No worries here as it does not interfere or influence emissions equipment :thumbsup:
Great, thanks. I emailed the reps over at Stage 3 right after I posted and they confirmed the same. With that said, I’ll definitely be purchasing this exhaust system soon.
Sponsored