Buying put on hold.

hawk43

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Op I don't think you were really ever going to buy it to start with...Number one there is a warranty...number two I've put more than 4k on mine and it never hunts for a gear...a couple times when cold it did not shift into reverse instantly and there was a slight bump but that is with all of them ever made in cold weather...Hell back in the day they would even shift out of low till they warmed up...as for the diluted oil....not sure about that mine reads fine and hasn't moved...I get an oil change at 5k...it does smell gassy though but I am told boosted engines have that.

I am not a ford aficionado but its a damn fine truck. don't over think it...find what you like and buy it and enjoy...Life is short.

pa-fatboy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2016 Mustang GT Premium, 1966 Mustang Convertible C Code, 2019 Ford Fusion, 2005 Ford Focus ST
Vehicle Showcase
And here is the new Escape, with the Ranger in the background. As mentioned by Okraptor, we got all the
IMG_20200326_173243998_HDR.jpg
rebates, and 0% on the balance from her trade.
That’s a per peeve of mine! They put the front plate on the Escape with their damn advertising. Now you are stuck with screw holes in your front bumper / grill or buying some type of plate declaring your love of Ford / Sports Team / Animal to make it look like you meant to share your past time with everyone.

did they even use the Ford bracket for the plate or just grabbed one of their plates? I

edit: I looked closer.. they may have used some type of lag bolt through the grill to put it on.If that’s the case maybe it can be removed without a couple holes through your bed bumper.

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
this is what i see.....
whaleshark.png
I don't know what's going on with Ford with that front end. It looks like an overgrown old Miata. Outside of Aesthetics, I think it will be a great vehicle modeled after the Lincoln MKC

Ranger8729

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Ranger & 2019 Ranger
I feel you. I absolutely HATE the feeling of a CVT and that is the new cool right now. I also have a 14 CRV and that, truly, is the finest CRV produced. That little SUV is a blast to drive and will go to hell and back getting 30mpg blasting both the AC and stereo.
You see a lot of issues with the new transmissions because people a lot more outspoken and communication channels are a lot more transparent now. Those transmissions are also a collaborative effort; several manufacturers worked together to produce them and they are cross platform. Hasn't stopped me from loving the 10 speed in this truck though. What quirky shifts did you feel? was it an early model that maybe needed the TSB adjustments? It really shifts smooth and knows exactly what gear to be in. THe only auto transmission I liked better when shopping around was the Ram 8 speed with the eTorque Hemi; it was SNAPPY.
I personally have not had an issue with the fuel in the oil (yet, just sent off first oil change to Blackstone). In my view, if I did have the issue, I would document it as often as I could with the dealer/Ford so that IF an issue arose, it would have a paper trail to back me up. It has a warranty.

JeffM

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
The best transmission I have ever owned was my 2016 M3 7 speed DCT, sure it hunted a bit and sometimes lurched at really low speed, so I didn't drive it at ow speed, solved that issue. It was by far the fastest shifting gearbox I have ever driven.

OP
OP

Joe.sbg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 2500 ram ctd
I feel you. I absolutely HATE the feeling of a CVT and that is the new cool right now. I also have a 14 CRV and that, truly, is the finest CRV produced. That little SUV is a blast to drive and will go to hell and back getting 30mpg blasting both the AC and stereo.
You see a lot of issues with the new transmissions because people a lot more outspoken and communication channels are a lot more transparent now. Those transmissions are also a collaborative effort; several manufacturers worked together to produce them and they are cross platform. Hasn't stopped me from loving the 10 speed in this truck though. What quirky shifts did you feel? was it an early model that maybe needed the TSB adjustments? It really shifts smooth and knows exactly what gear to be in. THe only auto transmission I liked better when shopping around was the Ram 8 speed with the eTorque Hemi; it was SNAPPY.
I personally have not had an issue with the fuel in the oil (yet, just sent off first oil change to Blackstone). In my view, if I did have the issue, I would document it as often as I could with the dealer/Ford so that IF an issue arose, it would have a paper trail to back me up. It has a warranty.
Actually I didn’t feel any quirky shifts just read about them here. When I test drove the truck in January I was too disappointed that I missed the 6k off sale so I decided to wait. Thanks to all for replying.

pa-fatboy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2016 Mustang GT Premium, 1966 Mustang Convertible C Code, 2019 Ford Fusion, 2005 Ford Focus ST
Vehicle Showcase
Ford is not new to the game.
they have licence plate bracket kits that are designed for install when required by law.
they dont just lag bolt them into the fascia or grill.
if your state does not require them, then you can delete it from your order.
you are correct Ranger Pride. If you read my post you would see that I mentioned I did not think the dealer used the license plate bracket.

Looking at the Escape pictured, I do not see the Ford front license plate bracket being used. I have about three of the brackets in my garage still in the plastic now. In PA, you usually get one in the trunk with your car. My comment is not about fords ability to supply a bracket when needed, it’s about dealerships not using the brackets And slapping their dealership name, web site and phone number to force advertising. I am assuming the Escape is in a state that does not require a front plate or it would be on the car already.

In 2005, I bought a brand new Ford Focus ST. It’s actually still on my driveway because I love the car. It looks nearly as good as when new. Drives like new and is a blast. The dealership screwed their plate right into my brand new front bumper with sheet metal screws. It was not like that when I put pen to paper to buy it. I made them put a new bumper on my car before I would take ownership.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
One thing about the 0% for 84 is you can’t use the rebates with that. Something to note!
Sometimes you still make out taking the 0% and losing the rebates. I had the option of taking 0% for 60 months or 1.9% for 72 months. I only lost a $500.00 rebate taking the 0% and would've paid $1,250.00 in interest with the 1.9% so I'm still ahead taking the 0%.

OP I've had 9 F150's,1 Silverado and 1 POS Tacoma and this 10 speed tranny is the best of any one of them. In D mode it shifts so smooth even when changing elevation. If I'm driving in a real hilly area I will use S mode and manually shift it as I like to have more control of my shift points. The 10 speed tranny would be the least of my concerns...Go buy the Ranger! ?

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
The 10 speed tranny would be the least of my concerns...Go buy the Ranger! ?
I would echo this sentiment. The 10 speed is an amazing piece of engineering and works exceptionally well in my experience. I was a bit concerned about having 10 gears, but this tranny is very smart about how it uses them.

DJS 60

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape Ford Ranger
Occupation
Ironworker
I would echo this sentiment. The 10 speed is an amazing piece of engineering and works exceptionally well in my experience. I was a bit concerned about having 10 gears, but this tranny is very smart about how it uses them.
I was concerned going from the 6 speed transmission in my 2015 F150 to the 2020 Ford Ranger with the 10 speed, very happy with it so far, shifts so smooth.

JeffM

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Front plates are required in Texas, that is the factory setup.

Sashimi_Moto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 E450 C-Class, 2019 Ranger Lariat 501A FX4
I’ve been so happy with the Ford drivetrains in big vehicles: 4r100 and 5R110, that I had no fear of the ranger trans. However - I know 3 people who have ford cars where the tans crapped out (Fusion) but since I don’t buy Ford appliance cars it’s a non-issue for me.
Sponsored