2019 Ranger Safety Recall - HVAC Blower Motor Issue - Recall 19S34

Administrator

Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
FORD MOTOR COMPANY ISSUES SAFETY RECALL FOR SELECT 2019 FORD RANGER VEHICLES FOR AN HVAC BLOWER MOTOR ISSUE
MAR 11, 2020 | DEARBORN, MICH.

DEARBORN, Mich., March 11, 2020 – Ford Motor Company is issuing a safety recall for select 2019 Ford Ranger vehicles. Affected vehicles had the heating, ventilation and air conditioning, or HVAC, blower motor replaced from Oct. 9 to Nov. 22, 2019, per recall 19S34. The replacement part used for that service may have been built with an improper clearance between an electrical terminal and the conductive base-plate slot that could result in a resistive electrical short. This condition can increase the risk of the HVAC blower motor overheating, melting, smoking or causing a fire.

Ford is not aware of any reports of accident, injury or fire related to this condition.

This action affects vehicles that were previously repaired per safety recall 19S34: 5,384 in the U.S. and federal territories and 418 in Canada.

Affected vehicles were built at Michigan Assembly Plant from Aug. 1 to Sept. 27, 2019.

Dealers will inspect the HVAC blower-motor date code. Blower motors built within the suspect time frame will be replaced. The Ford reference number for this recall is 20S12.

https://media.ford.com/content/ford.../ford-motor-company-issues-safety-recall.html
Sponsored

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lighting Blue FX4 w/302A
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
FFS... Just got notified of this today on the app. Hopefully they get it right this time.

Andrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport
It is a simple recall. Only two months affected and has nothing to do with engine or tranny. Maybe you should get a Tacoma or Tundra with there 2.3 million vehicle recall.

Andrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport
It's not a simple recall, it's a recall on the recall, basically peak incompetence
"overheating, melting, smoking or causing a fire."

is well beyond simple

when this is a fix after a fix., It truly is incompetence at the highest level, and with that comes the realization, that if Ford doesn't get their shit together, they'll be doing 2.3 million recalls as well.
Um, you did read it hasn’t caused any accidents, fires, or injuries right?? It’s a blower recal big deal. You do realize you have a better chance of getting in a accident on your daily drive and blowing up the truck then the blower catching on fire right??Take a chill pill and everything will be okay. Every vehicle gets recalls. You just done want them to be major components which this isn’t.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
You just done want them to be major components which this isn’t.
No, I want the manufacturer to be competent enough to make sure that when they recall something, they don't replace a faulty component with another faulty component. The severity of the problem is irrelevant--the important thing is whether their quality control processes work well. Everything has problems, the response to problems is what distinguishes good and bad companies.

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lighting Blue FX4 w/302A
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
Um, you did read it hasn’t caused any accidents, fires, or injuries right?? It’s a blower recal big deal. You do realize you have a better chance of getting in a accident on your daily drive and blowing up the truck then the blower catching on fire right??Take a chill pill and everything will be okay. Every vehicle gets recalls. You just done want them to be major components which this isn’t.
Hasn't caused anything yet or it has and hasn't been attributed to the blower motor... yet. That seemingly benign blower motor could cause the worst situation. Imagine if it started to smoke while at speed on the highway. Some will panic and some will not.

Andrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport
Hasn't caused anything yet or it has and hasn't been attributed to the blower motor... yet. That seemingly benign blower motor could cause the worst situation. Imagine if it started to smoke while at speed on the highway. Some will panic and some will not.
The worst situation being smoke??? Man, I don’t know if you people expect perfect vehicles or what but there’s never been a vehicle that hasn’t needed a recall, service bulletin, or fix at some point. Vehicles are complex and there’s bound to be things wrong. The worst thing Ford could do is ignore it and not do a recall. Recalls suck obviously but it’s good to see a manufacturer trying to fix there problems.

Andrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport
How many have required multiple recalls over the same item?
Youre free to believe its no big deal as others are free to believe it is.
Its an embarrassment to have to do something twice...if you dont agree fine. Your low standard is duly noted.
Sometimes it doesn’t fix what it’s supposed to. Big deal.I’d much rather have a blower problem then a head gasket problem like Ford did with the Focus RS. Your crying over a blower motor is duly noted.

Tangent

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford XL Ranger 4x4 Supercrew
Vehicle Showcase
After having a 2 month odyssey getting my HVAC fixed, I can't help but feel a bit of vindication from this.

Doesn't fix the absolute crap fan output from the drivers side floor, or anything if you split it, but, maybe this will prevent someone else from having to give up their new truck for a month waiting on parts.

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger , 2019 Ford Escape
I took mine in for the blower motor recall, took them about 4 hours to do. It is easy to access and only has 3 bolts and a plug, it is right behind the glove box which doesn't have to be removed to replace the motor. I think i could have done it in 45 minutes.

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
I've gotten a couple recall notices, with this whole C-19 thing I've got other priorities at the moment. This will have to wait until later this year.
Sponsored