Randy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Nice for an Everest.... I have yet to see one come to my shop and I can't think how cool these look. Bigger than and Edge, smaller than an Explorer?

BcP28

First Name
Bennett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F150, 2015 Ford Edge Sport
Occupation
Engineer
Nice for an Everest.... I have yet to see one come to my shop and I can't think how cool these look. Bigger than and Edge, smaller than an Explorer?
I've seen a handful Everest "M-Plates" (Ford owned prototypes) rolling around the Dearborn area from time-to-time...I'd say they are about the size of the current 4Runner.

Randy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I've seen a handful Everest "M-Plates" (Ford owned prototypes) rolling around the Dearborn area from time-to-time...I'd say they are about the size of the current 4Runner.
Hope they bring them to the US markets. I think Ford needs something in between the Explorer and Edge, just as Toyota has the Rav4, Highlander and Sequioa

doug910

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger, '02 BMW 540i
Occupation
Engineer
Hope they bring them to the US markets. I think Ford needs something in between the Explorer and Edge, just as Toyota has the Rav4, Highlander and Sequioa
I don't agree - here's why. The Everest is a body on frame SUV that is not in the same category as the Edge and Explorer crossovers. Plus, we're getting the Bronco here to satisfy your needs.

As far as your comparison to Toyota goes, Ford has more to offer in terms of a crossover and SUV lineup (listed from smallest to biggest:
Ecosport = None in Toyota
Escape = Rav4
Future Mini Bronco = None in Toyota
Edge = None in Toyota
Future Bronco = 4Runner
Explorer = Highlander
Expedition = Sequoia

Deleted member 1634

I don't agree - here's why. The Everest is a body on frame SUV that is not in the same category as the Edge and Explorer crossovers. Plus, we're getting the Bronco here to satisfy your needs.

As far as your comparison to Toyota goes, Ford has more to offer in terms of a crossover and SUV lineup (listed from smallest to biggest:
Ecosport = None in Toyota
Escape = Rav4
Future Mini Bronco = None in Toyota
Edge = None in Toyota
Future Bronco = 4Runner
Explorer = Highlander
Expedition = Sequoia
Yeah, I think the Everest would be a great addition if they weren't reviving the Bronco. And even then, they each offer something the other doesn't. I feel the Bronco is going to end up fighting the Wrangler and thus being very off-road heavy which will sacrifice everyday usefulness, while the Everest would appeal to all those "family dad's" who need a good family moving vehicle and can still be decent off-road, but won't rock crawl or do the Baja 1000. But having both is going to split the market without drawing too many new people in I'm afraid.

doug910

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger, '02 BMW 540i
Occupation
Engineer
Yeah, I think the Everest would be a great addition if they weren't reviving the Bronco. And even then, they each offer something the other doesn't. I feel the Bronco is going to end up fighting the Wrangler and thus being very off-road heavy which will sacrifice everyday usefulness, while the Everest would appeal to all those "family dad's" who need a good family moving vehicle and can still be decent off-road, but won't rock crawl or do the Baja 1000. But having both is going to split the market without drawing too many new people in I'm afraid.
Good point, agreed on all. Plus, the Bronco name is just so much stronger stateside and will receive a lot more public attention to help with sales. If anything, an Everest in the US would clash most with the Explorer imo. The new Explorer is decently capable off road (at least compared to Highlander, Pilot, Telluride, etc.) and with a new RWD architecture, I don't see how much value the BoF solid axle Everest would add to the "family dads" needs that you mentioned.

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
The Everest is indeed coming to the states according to Ford along with the Ranger Raptor. This vehicle will not compete with the Bronco, they are two different ideas. The Bronco will probably go after Jeeps and offroad dedicated vehicles like that. The Everest will be competitor to SUVs in general. Its cheaper than an Explorer but handles just as good. However, an explorer destroys it with creature comforts. No getting around it, the Explorer is a better unit with a hefty price. This SUV has a place in the US market to compete against all other SUVs, but it also has the offroad capability of many 4x4.
It has plenty of room and comfort and drives really nice. Ive drove and offroaded many vehicles(Toyota,Nissan,Mitsubishi etc..) here and can honestly say this thing is very well balanced.

Keep in mind, the Everest coming to the States will be the best one ever built. After its growing pains ofcourse, just like what the Ranger is going through now.

doug910

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger, '02 BMW 540i
Occupation
Engineer
The Everest is indeed coming to the states according to Ford along with the Ranger Raptor. This vehicle will not compete with the Bronco, they are two different ideas. The Bronco will probably go after Jeeps and offroad dedicated vehicles like that. The Everest will be competitor to SUVs in general. Its cheaper than an Explorer but handles just as good. However, an explorer destroys it with creature comforts. No getting around it, the Explorer is a better unit with a hefty price. This SUV has a place in the US market to compete against all other SUVs, but it also has the offroad capability of many 4x4.
It has plenty of room and comfort and drives really nice. Ive drove and offroaded many vehicles(Toyota,Nissan,Mitsubishi etc..) here and can honestly say this thing is very well balanced.

Keep in mind, the Everest coming to the States will be the best one ever built. After its growing pains ofcourse, just like what the Ranger is going through now.
Link/proof that Everest and Ranger Raptor is coming to the US? I'm pretty up to date on automotive news and I have heard nothing of the sort.

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Emissions testing supplier

I can tell you with 100% certainty, the Everest is not planned to come to the U.S. It was brought here to Dearborn to test components for the Bronco and thats as far as it goes.

Im not going to get into the details of what I supply but I can tell you, as of this moment, I have supplied zero items related to the Everest in the US. I have however supplied plenty to China where the Everest is built.

As for the Ranger Raptor, it was made pretty clear that it would not come to the U.S. anytime soon as Ford would rather the F-150 Raptor be Fords off-road presence in the U.S.

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
I can tell you with 100% certainty, the Everest is not planned to come to the U.S. It was brought here to Dearborn to test components for the Bronco and thats as far as it goes.

Im not going to get into the details of what I supply but I can tell you, as of this moment, I have supplied zero items related to the Everest in the US. I have however supplied plenty to China where the Everest is built.

As for the Ranger Raptor, it was made pretty clear that it would not come to the U.S. anytime soon as Ford would rather the F-150 Raptor be Fords off-road presence in the U.S.
Well ok then I was wrong. The marketing here has no idea what they are talking about then. Which does not surprise me to be honest.
Sponsored