2ford

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger
  • Banned
With the hope Ford Corporate may monitor this forum they will get an idea this is not an isolated issue with gas in oil. So please if you have this issue take the poll.
Sponsored

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Ford changed oil today and took sample, showed it to the manager and he documented “Oil has strong gas odor” that is at 3000 miles since last change. Test kit ordered.
Regards

Last edited:

Wheazy

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 XLT
Problem brought to dealer. Dealer contacted ford and I am currently in the middle of the 1000 mile test. My oil sample kit arrived this week and a sample will be gathered at the 1000 mile oil change. The dealers findings/response when it is brought back in will determine contact with Ford Corporate.

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Issue is known by ford corporate and my dealer. My dealer wants the results of my test and will go from there. Spoke with ford corporate. The customer care rep was pretty clueless after speaking with initial rep. Told me and dealer my problem was oil leaking. Straightened them out and made sure they understood it was gasoline in the oil. Will follow up with corporate after the test results. Had 1170 miles on the oil when it was tested. Please contact dealer and corporate if you’re concerned. Testing the oil is crucial as well. Test link below.
https://www.blackstone-labs.com/

I would also reply here with your build date.

May 15/2019

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc

Da Ranger

First Name
Cindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Contacted corporate first.

Ordered test kit.

Went to dealer and they didn’t smell gas in oil but noted it was 1/2 quart over and removed it and gave to me as sample for testing. Oil changed.

Mailed in test kit and waiting for results to take back to dealer.

Build date March 8, 2019.

hawk43

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
I have gas smell in oil.....so far when I check it cold level is the same....top hole. Have not told dealer. I am currently waiting on a replacement part they had to order for about three weeks and no call. I plan on telling/showing them next visit...

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Here is my oil composition test from Blackstone. I never had any oil level issues but the smell was concerning. Was very strong to me. The test confirmed less then 2% which was good. However reading comments they said be aware of the copper and silicone. Since the test I replaced the oil with amsoil full synthetic signature series 5w/30 oil. Will likely run another test when I replace the oil in the future. Hope this helps others. More info shared more we all know. Cheers.
DMAX.

A0828C22-ED59-483D-BE22-DB2431B8A61A.jpeg

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Here is my oil composition test from Blackstone. I never had any oil level issues but the smell was concerning. Was very strong to me. The test confirmed less then 2% which was good. However reading comments they said be aware of the copper and silicone. Since the test I replaced the oil with amsoil full synthetic signature series 5w/30 oil. Will likely run another test when I replace the oil in the future. Hope this helps others. More info shared more we all know. Cheers.
DMAX.

A0828C22-ED59-483D-BE22-DB2431B8A61A.jpeg
How many miles on that oil change? Is 1170 correct?
Regards

2020FX4

First Name
El Jefe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FX4 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I have just barely over 1K on my truck so far.... I am very interested to see more test results of oil that people have sent in to have analyzed. if results start showing gas in the oil, I will have mine tested too.

Last edited:

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
U have just barely over 1K on my truck so far.... I am very interested to see more test results of oil that people have sent in to have analyzed. if results start showing gas in the oil, I will have mine tested too.
My next oil change around 6k I’ll send in a sample.

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My concern still is the fact that is was 1/2 quart over so I am still taking it up with Ford.
I agree that's concerning. I changed my oil and took photos of the levels on the dip stick. Will monitor over time. Good luck, keep us posted.

harringtondav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCab, 2016 Jeep Cherokee, 2014 Dodge Dart Aero DDCT
I agree that's concerning. I changed my oil and took photos of the levels on the dip stick. Will monitor over time. Good luck, keep us posted.
Concerning. I'm glad I joined this forum. I haven't checked my oil yet. 600ish miles. Only popped the hood to add washer fluid.

I'll take a dipstick sniff next time I'm in the garage. Curious problem though. I haven't studied my shop manual or the engine bay, so I'm not familiar with fuel lines and routing. What jumps to mind is if the direct injectors are leaking off during shut down. But I'd think that would cause a rich, hard, smoky start. It would seem a fuel system leak would show itself with a gasoline odor around the truck.
Sponsored