2019 Ford Ranger Mule Spied in Dearborn!

Discussion in 'General Ford Ranger Discussions' started by Administrator, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Administrator

Staff Member

#1 Administrator, Feb 15, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    The new 2019 Ford Ranger mule has just been spotted on U.S. ground for the first time since Ford Motor Company officially confirmed its existence last month at the 2017 NAIAS.

This Ford Ranger crew cab pickup mule is seen running the streets of Dearborn wearing swirly camouflage that does little to conceal the vehicle's general shape, size and design -- all of which point to a mid-size pickup truck that, in its present state, very closely matches the design of the current T6 global Ranger sold overseas.

Nevertheless, as the T6 will be a 7-year platform by the time the 2019 Ford Ranger rolls off the line at the Michigan Assembly Plant in Wayne, MI, and Ford has repeatedly marketed this Ranger reintroduction as "all-new" a strong argument can be made that the global styling cues we see on this mule are only temporary. Given the aging platform and design we believe the production 2019 Ford Ranger will receive a makeover to "toughen up" the look of the vehicle's hexagon "superman" grille, narrow headlights, large rectangular taillights and generous flatbed to better cater to American tastes.

We'll have to wait to find out as the 2019 Ford Ranger makes its North American debut next year.

2019-Ford-Ranger-Spied-Dearborn-1.jpg 2019-Ford-Ranger-Spied-Dearborn-2.jpg 2019-Ford-Ranger-Spied-Dearborn-3.jpg 2019-Ford-Ranger-Spied-Dearborn-4.jpg 2019-Ford-Ranger-Spied-Dearborn-5.jpg 2019-Ford-Ranger-Spied-Dearborn-6.jpg 2019-Ford-Ranger-Spied-Dearborn-7.jpg 2019-Ford-Ranger-Spied-Dearborn-8.jpg 2019-Ford-Ranger-Spied-Dearborn-9.jpg 2019-Ford-Ranger-Spied-Dearborn-10.jpg

2019-ford-ranger-closeup2.jpg
    2019-ford-ranger-closeup3.jpg
    2019-ford-ranger-closeup1.jpg

Super8 and Amafi like this.
  2. NY35

NY35 New Member

Car(s):
    Zamboni
    I believe Raj Nair told the press they are going to make some design changes for the US market so this might be some kind of drivetrain test mule and the body changes are to come.

3. OwenL

OwenL New Member

Car(s):
    13 Mustang GT
    TBH i would take the euro ranger styling (with a few changes) over a miniature F150. I'd rather not see it adopt the same Ford truck grill you see everywhere. Corporate grills/front end are one reason I stayed away from the '15 mustang.

4. Amafi

Amafi New Member

Car(s):
    2013 Explorer
    They are calling it ALL NEW so it better not just be a T6 Ranger and they call it brand new. For me it's between this and a new Tacoma. I'm also really hoping Ram brings the Dakota or some kind of midsize pickup, the more choices the better.

5. Super8

Super8 New Member

Car(s):
    2016 Mustang/Ram 1500
    Some how it seems even less aggressive than the Euro Ranger. I hope its just the camo ?

2016 Ford Ranger.png

6. Team6

Team6 New Member

Car(s):
    Challenger
    Why does the prototype look so soft? That's gotta be the craziest camo I've ever seen. Makes it seem like there's welts all over the body and you can hardly make out any lines. The Euro Ranger looks good in that pic, if they can improve on that for the NA model, it could be a nice looking truck.

7. sfcoyote

sfcoyote Member

Car(s):
    2016 Mustang GTPP
    It's just Ford's new camouflage it uses on all their test cars. Gives you a headache lol and does it's job really well. It also almost always makes the prototypes look dull and 'soft' as you said.

8. Vesey

Vesey New Member

Car(s):
    Current: Taurus / Sold: F150 King Ranch
    I'm cautiously optimistic about the return of the Ranger. Hopefully Ford won't repeat mistakes of the past -- making a "smaller" that's too close to the full-sizers in size, price, and efficiency.

9. JeeperNRM

JeeperNRM New Member

Car(s):
    Jeep Grand Cherokee
    It looks like a T6 ranger with mix of the Ford Everest grill.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Noah B.

Noah B. New Member

Car(s):
    2017 F-150 Raptor
    #10 Noah B., Feb 24, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
    Im by far not the best at photoshop, but the ranger doesn't look so bad with the front end of the Everest on it...red ranger 2.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-02-24 at 1.47.32 PM.png

11. Amafi

Amafi New Member

Car(s):
    2013 Explorer
    @Noah B. Great job! I almost thought it was a real photo at first.

I have to say that looks better than I thought it would. It's got a toughness to it that the current Ranger is lacking.

12. NY35

NY35 New Member

Car(s):
    Zamboni
    x2. Not a fan of the plastic grille of the Euro Ranger. I'm hoping they change up the headlights that we see on the mule. Some F-150 styled headlights will make it look more aggressive.

13. Grabberpony

Grabberpony New Member

Car(s):
    2007 Ford Mustang Convertible, 2008 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4, 2009 Ford Mustang Coupe
    I found a article on Truck Trend on styling, Powertrains/Drivetrains and maybe a Raptor style Ranger?!?!?

[​IMG]

14. YellowBee

YellowBee New Member

Car(s):
    S550
    "I know Dearborn would love nothing more than to take on the Bowtie boys toe-to-toe. Also, a dealer-installed “Raptor” appearance package is offered in some overseas markets. While it’s more swagger than substance comprised mostly of fender flares, wheels and a unique grille, it clearly shows the enthusiasm for such a concept. The punchy 2.7L EcoBoost mated to a bespoke off-road suspension built to tame the trails and dunes would be a tasty treat. It would probably be pushing the $50,000 mark too. In this day and age of $45,000 midsize trucks, it’s not that improbable, and it would probably still generate a mile-long waiting list."

Definitely agree with the author on that one. I'd be on line for this in a heart beat. Not a fan of that Raptor appearance package but I'm sure Ford could make a seriously bad ass one. Their designs especially of the Ford Performance models (GT350, Focus RS, Raptor) have been spot on.

15. Wilbert Romero

Wilbert Romero New Member

Car(s):
    2015 mustang v6
  16. Wilbert Romero

Car(s):
    2015 mustang v6
    also with diesel engine

17. Wilbert Romero

Car(s):
    2015 mustang v6
    to me is identical to the ranger that is being tested

18. Pedal2Metal

Pedal2Metal New Member

Car(s):
    2010 Shelby GT500/2013 F-150/2017 Mustang GT
    Well, at least the truck in the pictures (in the opening post) is a left- hand drivive...so this is not the Aussie version. Just wish it would be available sooner!