2019 / 2020 Ford Ranger price?

MNRaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
My guess is 38K for Lariat FX4 and 48K for Raptor. The Raptor will be more truck than a ZR2 and TRD Pro, right? The F150 Raptor is king and untouchable and nothing comes close to it. And Ranger Raptor is using a lot of the same tech, yes?
Sponsored

MNRaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Sorry for the flood of posts, lol. I've never been this intrigued and excited about a vehicle.........

Ugga Mugga

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Sorry for the flood of posts, lol. I've never been this intrigued and excited about a vehicle.........
I'm pretty excited myself. Are you downsizing from the F150 also?

MNRaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
I'm pretty excited myself. Are you downsizing from the F150 also?
Yes, bought a new '14 STX and it's overkill for what I need it for. Clumsy to park and supercab is small and STX trim is nothing to write home about.

Would really like a Lariat FX4 Supercrew or maybe a Raptor if the price isn't outrageous. If no Raptor, then adding a Raptor grill, running boards, Bushwacker fender flares, and tires/wheels would make a fun project on a Lariat FX4!

rduvall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Altima
My guess is 38K for Lariat FX4 and 48K for Raptor. The Raptor will be more truck than a ZR2 and TRD Pro, right? The F150 Raptor is king and untouchable and nothing comes close to it. And Ranger Raptor is using a lot of the same tech, yes?
I don't think we are likely to see a Raptor variant until 2020 or 2021. Ford will want to sell as many Rangers as possible before they bring in a performance variant.

When trying to figure out price things get really tricky. You have to take into consideration not only the existing F-150 trim options but also the pricing of the other midsize trucks. It would make sense for a Ranger Lariat to start at 36-38k with a Raptor variant coming later at 40-42k. If they go much higher, they risk cannibalizing similar trim F-150s.

Everything about the way this truck is setup is meant to decrease cost of manufacture. A single chassis with a single engine. Two cab/bed configurations both ending in the same overall length to sit on the single chassis. This thing is really mean for mass production at a cost structure that has to blow the competition out of the water.

MNRaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
I don't think we are likely to see a Raptor variant until 2020 or 2021. Ford will want to sell as many Rangers as possible before they bring in a performance variant.

When trying to figure out price things get really tricky. You have to take into consideration not only the existing F-150 trim options but also the pricing of the other midsize trucks. It would make sense for a Ranger Lariat to start at 36-38k with a Raptor variant coming later at 40-42k. If they go much higher, they risk cannibalizing similar trim F-150s.

Everything about the way this truck is setup is meant to decrease cost of manufacture. A single chassis with a single engine. Two cab/bed configurations both ending in the same overall length to sit on the single chassis. This thing is really mean for mass production at a cost structure that has to blow the competition out of the water.
Yes, it will definitely be a couple years before a Raptor version is released to the US.

Good observation about the single chassis and single engine. I've read that the T6 was never meant for a V6 engine. And with the Tweets about one great engine/powertrain really drives home that the Raptor will have the 2.3 EB. Hopefully the MSRP of the Raptor is not out of control.........but being F150 Raptors are going for close to 70K, I'm just not sure what will happen.

rduvall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Altima
Yes, it will definitely be a couple years before a Raptor version is released to the US.

Good observation about the single chassis and single engine. I've read that the T6 was never meant for a V6 engine. And with the Tweets about one great engine/powertrain really drives home that the Raptor will have the 2.3 EB. Hopefully the MSRP of the Raptor is not out of control.........but being F150 Raptors are going for close to 70K, I'm just not sure what will happen.
You can spec out a Crew Cab F-150 Raptor for 50-60K depending on the options you select. You really have to get every little upgrade available and/or work with a dealership that tacks on a hefty upset feel to reach 70k. Still the base price is 50k.

It isn't impossible for Ford to just provide a high output 2.3L for a Raptor. I think the Focus RS might be at the top end of the power/torque curve for the engine already though. The US Spec Ranger gets a new fully boxed (T6 is C shaped), high-strength steel frame. It also has 6 cross members unlike the T6 which has 5. I would expect it to be more than stout enough to be able to handle high output 4cyl or V6 power.

MNRaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
You can spec out a Crew Cab F-150 Raptor for 50-60K depending on the options you select. You really have to get every little upgrade available and/or work with a dealership that tacks on a hefty upset feel to reach 70k. Still the base price is 50k.

It isn't impossible for Ford to just provide a high output 2.3L for a Raptor. I think the Focus RS might be at the top end of the power/torque curve for the engine already though. The US Spec Ranger gets a new fully boxed (T6 is C shaped), high-strength steel frame. It also has 6 cross members unlike the T6 which has 5. I would expect it to be more than stout enough to be able to handle high output 4cyl or V6 power.
You're right, I was going a little crazy with the F-150 Raptor prices.........I was just going off the average Auto Trader price. Building one on Ford.com can get you a nice spec'd one for 59K.

And yes, it definitely does seem the US Ranger Raptor needs something other than the same 2.3 that's in the other trim Rangers.......either some type of HO Focus motor with forged pieces or squeeze in the 2.7. My gut is telling me they will stick with the 2.3 in the Raptor. If the F-150 Raptor is using the 3.5L, I'm not too sure they would put a V6 in the Ranger Raptor. Will save 100 lbs in the nose and keep price competitive.

Nadeshot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Tacoma and '17 Mustang Ecoboost
Matched side by side, the Raptor will be cheaper than the comparison model of the F-150's. I believe this was brought up in another thread. There is no way they undersell or try to hurt sales for their baby. Most people know Ford as a household name thanks to those powerhouse trucks.
Sponsored