2019 / 2020 Ford Ranger price?

Vesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: Taurus / Sold: F150 King Ranch
Since we haven't had the Ranger here in a few years it's not as easy to gauge what pricing might be when it returns. Any guesses?

I think they need to target high $20k range, with a range topping fully loaded model in lower-mid $30k max. It should be a hit in this price range.
Sponsored

JeeperNRM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
I think high 20 grand is too high for the starting price base model. It's got to compete with the Tacoma which starts at 24-25k

I'd like to see it right around 25, that would get me very serious about it.

sfcoyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTPP
I think there's going to be a lot of carry over parts and most of the T6 architecture left in place from the global Ranger. Parts are also going to be shared with the Bronco and it'll get some parts bin from the F-150 and other Ford trucks to save on cost.
They need to make this ultra competitive in price. There's going to be a lot of choices by the time the new Ranger debuts.

Popcorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Deep Impact Blue with Black Accents
I could go for something mid 20k, anymore than that, and i'm going to look for a late model explorer sport trac

Colin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150
Yep, they gotta be careful not to price it too high, otherwise people will migrate to an F150......

YellowBee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Below 25k will be needed to challenge the Tacoma which has built up quite a following. I suspect Ford will use a lot of carryover parts from the T6 Ranger platform to keep it competitively priced.

OP
OP

Vesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: Taurus / Sold: F150 King Ranch
I've read that it'll go for $20K-25K.
I think that's the sweet spot in terms of pricing. What's going to be interesting is to see what the upcoming Jeep Scrambler Pickup will be priced at. Will the Ranger have to compete with it on price or will the Jeep be priced at the higher end of the segment. Will there be enough midsize pickup buyers to spread among so many choices...

Chris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
You can get a base model frontier for under 20k no?

Ford guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mach 1...1995 Mustang Cobra...1948 Ford F-1 pick-up
Occupation
retired
I think that's the sweet spot in terms of pricing. What's going to be interesting is to see what the upcoming Jeep Scrambler Pickup will be priced at. Will the Ranger have to compete with it on price or will the Jeep be priced at the higher end of the segment. Will there be enough midsize pickup buyers to spread among so many choices...
The base price will very likely be the low $20,000.00 range. What concerns me is what they will do with the "upper-end" version. The new Chevrolet ZR2 Canyon , which appears to be there Raptor model , can be purchased fully loaded in the low to mid 40's. If Ford prices the Raptor in the $50's range it's going to help sell ZR2's and the other companies"off road" versions.

MNRaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
ZR2 and TRD Pro in low to mid 40s........really curious if Ford will try to be competitive with pricing against these two vehicles with the Raptor.

Using a high output 2.3 EB will keep cost somewhat attainable hopefully. To reconfigure to fit a HO 2.7 EB will surely put price above 50K. Loaded F150 Raptor for 68K......how close or far will Ford price the Ranger Raptor?

I really doubt Ford will price the Lariat FX4 similar to the ZR2 and TRD Pro. I'm thinking 38K for loaded Lariat FX4 which will put it around the TRD Off Road.

All I know is this Ranger Raptor looks absolutely amazing and hopefully it comes to the US and hopefully under 50K.

MNRaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
My main question is how much more will a Raptor be than Lariat FX4. Price difference between an F150 Lariat and F150 Raptor is about 20K.......
Sponsored